The new 'Animal Crossing' game will let you build your own island paradise on the Switch — here's everything we know about it so far
"Animal Crossing: New Horizons"/Nintendo
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" will be released for the Nintendo Switch on March 20, 2020.
- Like prior "Animal Crossing" games, "New Horizons" will offer a slice-of-life experience that lets players build their own island paradise.
- Up to eight players can share the same island and play together, participating in activities like gardening, fishing, and general exploration.
- "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" will also introduce a new crafting system that lets players collect materials to build new furniture, key items, and decorations for their home.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The "Animal Crossing" series offers players a "slice-of-life" experience where they build a home in a small village and participate in casual activities like fishing and gardening.
"Animal Crossing: New Horizons" will bring players to a deserted island to start a brand new village. As players explore the island, collect materials, and craft new items, they'll eventually see their new home start to flourish. As many as eight different players can live on the same island and build their own homes together.
Four players can use a single Switch to explore the island together, while online and local wireless play with multiple Switches will allow up to eight players on the island at once. Even without other players, the island will be filled with animal villagers for players to befriend.
Here's everything we know about "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" so far:
When you first arrive on the island, "Animal Crossing: New Horizons" will let you create your own character and customize its appearance and clothing."Animal Crossing New Horizons"/Nintendo
Up to eight player characters can live on the same island, and four people can play "New Horizons" at once using the same Switch. If you're playing online, you can have eight players exploring the same island at once."Animal Crossing: New Horizons"/Nintendo
"Animal Crossing" doesn't have a ton of action, but there's a quiet satisfaction that comes from gradually building a beautiful home."Animal Crossing: New Horizons"/Nintendo
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Here's everything Nintendo announced at the biggest gaming event of the year
- The next 'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate' character pays homage to a legendary gaming franchise
- In a major surprise, Nintendo just revealed that a huge 'Legend of Zelda' sequel is in development