Men's Recreation Basketball League registration
The Milford Recreation Department announces that it will begin accepting team registration for its 2016-17 Men’s Basketball Leagues on Oct. 3.
The leagues will begin play in late November and conclude in early April.
The deadline to register is Friday, Nov. 11, or when league limits are met. Prior participation in the league does not guarantee your team a spot this year. Registration is on a first-come first-serve basis.
The Men’s Competitive League is a refereed league that will play on either Wednesday or Thursday nights at various times at the Parsons Complex Gymnasium. The league will consist of regular season games, plus the postseason Ken Woznick Memorial Championship. All grandfathered players must submit a Notarized Player Registration Form and All Industrial Teams must submit a Notarized Employer Statement.
The Men’s A League is limited to the first 12 teams to register.
Men’s Recreation League is a non-refereed, recreation oriented league will be played on various night, times, and locations. This league will consist of a regular schedule of games with no scores and no standings being kept. This season will have both an 18 & Over Division and a 30 & Over Division.
The Men’s Over 30 Half Court League is a non-refereed 3 on 3 league, which has become increasing more competitive will be played at various times and nights at the Parsons Complex Gymnasium and/or locations if needed. The league will consist of regular season games plus postseason playoffs. If possible a competitive division and a recreation division will be formed and/or divisions may be formed according to age brackets (Over 30, Over 40, Over 50).
These leagues are open to teams of Milford residents or real estate taxpayers only.
- Industrial Teams – All members of the team must work full time in Milford for the Milford based company (ex. Frito Lay, Schick, Fire Dept), which they play for.
- Grandfather Clause – Former primary residents who grew up in Milford and went through grammar school and high school OR who as an adult lived in Milford for a minimum of 10 years before moving out of town.
- All players must submit proof of residence prior to the start of the season and must do so upon request by a Recreation Department official.
- All players/team must complete an Official Basketball Player, Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement prior to participating in the league.
- Grandfathered participants must complete or have on file a Former Resident Affidavit.
- Any player/team that was suspended, ejected, or expelled from last season’s league will begin this season on probation. Any disciplinary problems of any nature that occur before, during, or after a game will result in severe disciplinary measures including suspension and/or expulsion from the league, as well as other recreation programs.
- The Milford Recreation Department reserves the right to make any decisions it feels to be in the best interest of the league, the Recreation Department, and/or the city of Milford.
The Official Basketball Player, Release of Liability and Indemnification Agreement is available online by following the links on our web site.
For more information contact Bill Garfield at 203-783-3388 or email@example.com.
Check us out at milfordrecreation.com or follow us on Facebook & Twitter.