Kindergarten registration for the Milford Public Schools will be held centrally this year at the Parsons Complex, 70 West River Street, from March 16 – 24, due to the fact that the elementary schools in Milford are going through a redistricting effort.
“It is believed this central registration will help to reduce confusion and provide a smoother start for families new to our district,” school officials said.
Parents should reserve their appointment online now.
“This year, we are unveiling an online system for parents to make their child’s appointment,” states a school press release. “To reserve your appointment, simply visit http://myconferencetime.com/milford and reserve the time slot that is convenient for you and your child. We urge you to reserve your appointment as soon as possible as we believe the slots will fill up quickly.”
At the registration appointment, parents will meet with registration staff to complete the information process, while children visit with a selection of teachers, school nurses and other professionals.
These short visits give school officials the chance to meet their ‘newest’ students while ensuring any services that might be needed are in place when the school year begins. Appointments will last approximately 20 minutes
Once appointments are made, the Milford Public Schools will send additional information and a link to use for completing the registration packet online, in advance. In the past, parents needed to complete the full battery of paper forms by hand.
“We believe adding this online component will streamline the registration process even further for our families. This same link will also be posted on the district website, beginning March 6,” the press release states.
In order to formally register, parents will need the following documentation:
• A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, with raised seal.
• For homeowners: Mortgage or deed or tax bill for the residence.
• For renters: Lease or rental agreement signed by the landlord and including the landlord’s contact phone number; two recent utility bills in the same name to the same address, such as landline phone, water, electric, gas, oil or cable television.
• A record of all communicable diseases the child has had.
• A record of the child’s immunization schedule.