Six out of 28 Milford businesses that sell alcohol failed a recent compliance check, local police said.
On Saturday, June 4, agents from the Department of Consumer Protection Liquor Control Division conducted a joint undercover compliance operation with officers from
the Milford Police Department and youth volunteers.
The six stores that failed the compliance check sold alcohol to the volunteer underage youth, police said.
The six stores that allegedly failed the test are:
- Super Stop and Shop, 1360 East Town Road
- Adam’s IGA Supermarket, 1391 New Haven Avenue
- On the Rocks Spirit Shop, 1385 New Haven Avenue
- Colony News and Lotto, 400 Boston Post Road
- Wines and More, 232 Boston Post Road
- Wines and More, 5 Eastern Steel Road
“Routine compliance operations are not intended to hurt local businesses, but to remind them to
be vigilant,” police said in a press release. “The main goal is to identify any local businesses that sell to minors – knowingly or unknowingly, and bring them back into compliance with state liquor laws.”