Camper fire on Melba Street Saturday extinguished quickly

Firefighters responded to a fire on Melba Street Saturday in the area of the Dollar General store.

The fire started in the engine compartment of a camper behind the shopping plaza at 234 Melba Street.

The owner was in the process of moving the vehicle to another location when the fire started. He received a minor injury to his hand when he tried to extinguish the fire himself, but refused to be taken to the hospital.

The fire was quickly extinguished by fire department personnel.