A man police said asked to use the phone at a local restaurant and called in a bomb threat to Chevrolet of Milford June 13 was arrested on a number of charges. Police say Dylan Esposito, 43, of Killingworth, called in the bomb scare because he had hoped to steal a truck while the dealership was being evacuated.

Police said that on June 13 at about 12:15 p.m. a 911 phone call came in reporting a bomb at Chevrolet of Milford, 655 Bridgeport Avenue. Police were told an unknown man asked an employee if he could use the phone.

Officers responded to the dealership and began clearing the building and area of people. The Connecticut State Police Bomb Squad was called and responded to the scene. The business and area was checked and determined that there was no bomb.

A person being evacuated told officers that a suspicious person had been walking in the parking lot around the time of the bomb scare. The person indicated Esposito, who was located in the area by officers and detained for questioning.

It was later confirmed that Esposito was the individual who had made the 911 call from the restaurant, police said.

Police said Esposito had stolen a key to a 2017 Chevy Silverado earlier in the day and was planning on using the distraction of the 911 call to steal the truck.

Esposito was found to be in possession of a firearm, and police said he does not hold a valid Connecticut pistol permit.

Esposito is charged with the following: Carrying a Firearm without a Permit, Threatening, Larceny 6th, Criminal Attempt at Larceny.

Esposito was released on $10,000 bond and is due in Milford Superior Court on July 12.