All clear after gas leak at Hill Street business complex

The Milford Fire Department responded to a reported natural gas leak at a business complex at 155 Hill Street at approximately 11:05 a.m. Monday.

Employees stated that a forklift had struck a heating unit on the ceiling and broke the gas supply pipe. The multi occupancy building was evacuated until the gas was shut off and the building checked for dangerous levels of gas, according to Fire Department Spokesman Greg Carman. Once it was determined the building was safe, all occupants were allowed to re-enter by 11:45 a.m.

No injuries were reported to any occupants or fire personnel, Carman said.