Holiday trees decorate hospital for Celebration of Trees this weekend
The Milford Hospital Celebration of Trees runs through Dec. 8, featuring a chance to win one of many themed trees, gift baskets, displays and other items decorating the hotel lobby.
In addition to the trees and traditional holiday items, this year’s event will feature a variety of new prizes, including a flat screen television, a child’s motorized ATV, a Mohegan Sun Getaway, New York Giants tickets and, for the sports collector, a variety of autographed baseballs from New York Yankees Mariano Rivera, CC Sebathia, Ichiro Suzuki and pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.
At the hospital’s annual Tree of Light ceremony, on Friday, Dec. 5, community members are invited to participate in the tree lighting and memorial ceremony by purchasing a light on the outdoor tree in honor or memory of a loved one or friend.
All events and activities will take place at Milford Hospital.
Friday, Dec. 5
• 1 p.m. – Performance by the Musical Group “Matinee.”
• 5:30 p.m. — Tree of Light Ceremony: Special guest is Mayor Ben Blake; blessing by the Rev. Cynthia Knapp of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, and featuring The Sound of Praise from First Baptist Church.
Saturday, Dec. 6
• 11 a.m. – Performance by the Musical Group “Metafour.”
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Cookies with Mrs. Claus.
Sunday, Dec. 7
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Visits with Santa Claus.
• 1 p.m. – Musical event featuring The Jonathan Law Choir, West Shore Middle School Choir and The Pumpkin Delight Choir.
Monday, Dec. 8
• 4 p.m. - Raffle drawing for trees and other items.
The Hospital Auxiliary welcomes new participants to the event. For additional information contact the Milford Hospital Auxiliary at 203-647-6654.