An undocumented immigrant was indicted recently for alleging re-entering the United States, as well as failing to register as a sex offender, federal authorities said. Enrique Fajardo Marin, 39, a citizen of Ecuador who had recently lived in Danbury, is charged with with one count of illegally reentering the U.S., and one count of violating the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act, according to a release from the office of Connecticut U.S. Attorney John H. Durham. Fajardo pleaded not guilty Tuesday at U.S. District Court in Bridgeport, the release said. According to court documents and statements made in court, in December 2011, Fajardo was convicted at state Superior Court in Danbury of illegal sexual contact with a minor and risk of injury, the release said. He was sentenced to 18 years in prison, suspended after 10 years served, and 20 years of probation, the release said. He was required to register as a sex offender for 10 years. Fajardo was deported in February 2016, the release said. Then, last June, Fajardo was arrested in Massachusetts and it is \u201calleged that he failed to register as a sex offender and had \u201cillegally reentered the U.S. and had been residing in the Danbury area as early as May 1, 2017,\u201d the release said. Fajardo, who remains in custody, face up to 20 years in prison for illegally reentering the U.S., and up to 10 years for failing to register as a sex offender, if he is convicted. The case was being investigated the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the U.S. Marshals Service, with the assistance of Connecticut State Parole. It is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Deborah R. Slater, the release said.