The second installment of West Haven’s real estate, personal property and motor vehicle tax and sewer bills are due Jan. 1 — and will include supplemental amounts as a result of final state budget figures that weren’t in place when the city budget was adopted.

The 2016 supplemental motor vehicle bill is for vehicles registered after Oct. 1, 2016, the city said in a news release.

At the time the bills were mailed in July, a yellow notice was sent with the bills, which stated:

“The enclosed motor vehicle tax bill is being calculated at 32 mills for the assessment year commencing October 1, 2016, payable July 1, 2017, and January 1, 2018, based on the Connecticut Taxation Statute 12-71e. Due to the unsettled situation regarding the State budget for 2017/2018, a supplemental motor vehicle tax bill may be issued and will be sent to you when and if it becomes necessary.”

Taxpayers will receive a yellow motor vehicle bill that represents the 5 mills — the difference between the approved budget and the amount previously billed — and in the case of the West Shore and Center fire districts, an additional 2 mills, Tax Collector Dorothy Chambrelli said in the release.

Payments after Feb. 1 are considered delinquent and subject to interest, Chambrelli said.

The tax office is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays on the first floor of City Hall, 355 Main St.

For the convenience of taxpayers, the city has an ATM outside the office.

Taxpayers can see their tax bills, make a payment, and print their payment history for income tax purposes at and clicking on Tax Collector under the Government heading.

Sewer bills are on the same page but under a separate heading.

In January, current taxes can be paid by mail to a tax office lockbox, P.O. Box 150461, Hartford 06115-0461. When paying by lockbox or the drop box outside the tax office in City Hall, the canceled check is the receipt.

After Feb. 1, taxes with interest can be paid by mail to the Office of the Tax Collector, P.O. Box 401, West Haven 06516. Payments can also be made in person.

Anyone needing a motor vehicle clearance must pay in person with cash, credit card, bank check or money order.