• Shawn Cariglio, of Milford, was awarded a BA in psychology receiving summa cum laude honors at Roger Williams University. He also made the spring 2016 dean’s list.
• Alexis Guadalupe, Eastern Connecticut State University class of 2016 of Milford, a Spanish major, was inducted this spring into Sigma Delta Pi, the international honor society for Spanish.
• The following residents were on the Fairfield University spring 2016 dean’s list.
Bethany: Philip A. Amarante.
Milford: Linda M. Ames, David T. Demet, Jesse D. Dickovick, Brendan F. Dunne, Hadir M. Elhelw, Kristen M. Feige, Christopher J. Gyger, Jamie R. Hall, Alexander J. Hutcheon, Jaime L. Kader, Mariah E. Kasparek, Mindy Khamvongsa, Tavia P. Mastrianni, Casey A. Oliver, Lisa M. Pannella, Julia A. Reno, Hayley B. Soulier.
Orange: Gabrielle M. Aiardo, Stephen M. Borrelli, Christopher A. Drusbosky, Alec M. Melotto, Abigayel B. Phillips, Mark D. Pinciaro, Jesse K. Sachs, Jennifer L. Schwartz, Robert A. Schwartz.
Woodbridge: Evan R. Donahue, Morgan S. Meaney, Dimitri N. Skuret.
• Gerui Cheng, of Milford, made the Pratt Institute President’s List in the spring 2016 semester.
• Breanna Cuchara, of Milford, earned dean’s list honors at Becker College for spring 2016.
• Rebecca Hunter, of Bethany graduated May 16 from Colorado College with a bachelor’s degree in Biology.
• Western New England University students who presented their Freshman Innovation Design Projects at the 2016 Emerging Engineers Expo at Western New England University include: Kimberly A. Pocwierz, majoring in biomedical engineering, from Woodbridge, presented “WatchDog Security System”; Jacob C. Lyngdal, majoring in civil engineering, from Orange, presented “The Light-Cycle”; Emily E. Fernschild, majoring in biomedical engineering, five-year bachelor’s/MBA, from Milford, presented “XY Gyro-Cam” and won second-place honors.
• Netanya Lerner of Bethany received a BS in May in biomedical photographic communication from Rochester Institute of Technology College of Imaging Arts and Sciences.
• Tufts University dean’s list for the spring 2016 semester included: Saurav Acharya of Milford, class of 2017; Jacob Apkon of Milford, class of 2016; Arpita Jajoo of Woodbridge, class of 2019; Kevin O’Brien of Orange, class of 2017; Dana Perry of Bethany, class of 2019; Qi Yan of Woodbridge, class of 2016; Benjamin Zackin of Woodbridge, class of 2018.
• Breanna Cuchara, of Milford, and Kaylee Parks, of Milford, graduated May 14 from Becker College.
• Graduates May 22 from Tufts University School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering included: Qi Yan of Woodbridge, bachelor’s degree in biochemistry cum laude; Jacob Apkon of Milford, bachelor’s degree in computer Science cum laude.
• Lisa Gorham of Woodbridge, enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences, was named to the dean’s list for the spring semester at Washington University.
• The following local residents made the dean’s list at Rochester Institute of Technology for the spring 2016 semester: Netanya Lerner of Bethany, who is studying biomedical photographic communication; Nora Pfund of Woodbridge, who is studying photographic and imaging technologies; Julia Provenzano of Milford, who is studying chemical engineering; Sami Yousef of Milford, who is studying business administration-management.
• Notre Dame West Haven senior Michael Secchiaroli of Milford was Notre Dame’s recipients at the Southern Connecticut Conference 22nd annual Scholar Leader Banquet March 28 at Anthony’s Ocean View in New Haven. Secchiaroli was a member of the National Honor Society; Spanish Honor Society; Student Council president; chosen to attend the National Holy Cross Leadership Conference; Connecticut Student Advisory Council on Education; Connecticut Representative at the National Federation of High Schools Leadership Conference; senior vice president of Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital Junior board of directors; Varsity Swim Team captain, first Team All-State and first Team All-Academic; varsity baseball team; Student Ambassador Club; Faculty-Student Advancement Advisory Committee; Rotary Youth Leadership Award; YMCA Leadership Training Program; Ski and Snowboard Club president; Model UN; church group youth leader and vacation Bible school coordinator; volunteer middle school tutor and works as a certified lifeguard and camp counselor. He plans to major in political science in college.