Start the new year with a new volunteer job with the Friends of Milford Libary
MILFORD >> Feel like joining a group of fun, active volunteers?
The Friends of Milford Library, a non-profit volunteer organization that sustains the programs and activities of the Milford Public Library that are not supported in the City budget, is looking for help.
Here are some of the programs and the volunteer jobs that are open:
• Railroad Station Kiosk and Little Libraries: Liaison with Town authorities, design kiosks, construct kiosks, and stock with books.
• Oral History Project: Establish program, train teens to conduct interviews, find subjects, coordinate interviews, and arrange presentations.
• Book Award Project: Be the project chair, liaison with high schools, define qualifications, and select book.
• Library Book Sale Table: Accept books (1 day per week for 3 hours).
• Public Relations: Design graphics for events and webpage, write and send out news releases, develop newsletter, maintain Friends’ bulletin board, and work on social media projects.
• Welcome To Milford!: Assemble packets and gather contents from organizations.
• Special Events: Planning and refreshments.
To learn more about the Friends, visit www.milfordlibrary.org and click on the link for Friends of the Milford Library. You can fill out a volunteer application on line. Check Friends out on Facebook, www.facebook.com/FriendsofMilfordLibrary or email email@example.com.
Join the fun. Volunteer today.