Art exhibit through Sept. 29
Small Journeys, Maritime Art by Milford artist Brechin Morgan exhibit runs through Sunday, Sept. 29, with an opening reception Saturday, Sept. 7, from 2-6 p.m.
The exhibit takes place at Gilded Lily Gallery, 101 River St.
Free and open to the public.
For more information, call 203-878-7007 or visit gildedlilygallery.com.
Joseph Barber's Paintings -- A Retrospective, through Sept. 30
Exhibit of original watercolors, acrylics, and oil paintings by the late New England artist, Joseph Barber will be held at Milford Public Library, 57 New Haven Ave.
Milford Trick or Trot 5K Run/Walk, Oct. 26
The 8th Annual Milford Trick or Trot 5K Run/Walk to benefit the Beth-El Center will take place on Saturday, Oct. 26, beginning at Lisman Landing, 37 Helwig St., in Milford, at 9 a.m. Run or walk a 3.2 mile scenic route through Milford. Kids Fun Run starts at 8:45 a.m.
New this year is a pet costume contest.
Fee is $27 per person for advanced registration/$35 same day. Price Includes bib, t-shirt and post race breakfast and entertainment.
Register at milfordtrickortrot.com.
The event is organized and sponsored by the law firm of Harlow, Adams, and Friedman, P.C. and Sikorsky Credit Union.
Christmas Fair, Dec. 14
The third annual Knights of Columbus Christmas Fair will take place at Christ the Redeemer Church, 325 Oronoque Road, Milford, on Saturday, Dec. 14, , from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; snow date, Sunday, Dec. 15. Table prices are eight-foot tables are $40, with an add on table of $35 each additional table. Tables are limited. First come first served. Six-foot tables are $35 with an add on table of $30 each additional table. Card tables are $20each. Tables are non-refundable.Send payment and contracts to: Greg Nowlin, c/o Knights of Columbus 2019 Christmas Fair, 11 Breakneck Court, Milford CT 06460. For more information, call 203-605-7600 and leave a voice mail.
1830 homestead tours
The Stone-Otis House is open in Orange at 615 Orange Center Road for tours from 2-4 p.m. Visit an 1830 homestead, across from the Town Green. The Stone-Otis House is a restored 1830 homestead having been used as a general store shortly after the Town of Orange was incorporated in 1822. Each room has been reproduced in furnishings and accessories to depict the two families associated with it. For more information, call 203 795-3106.