• Nyjahwahn Walker of Orange graduated May 6 from Nichols College.
• McKenzie Janes, an English major from Milford, has achieved Dean’s High Honors for the spring 2017 semester at Nichols College.
• Biology major Kyra Blacketter of Milford was inducted into Who’s Who Among Students for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Hadley Ann Whitaker of Milford, a senior at Southern Connecticut State University, was inducted into Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology, during a recent campus ceremony, where she has also been named to the Dean’s List for the School of Education for the spring and fall of 2016. She is majoring in special education.
• Ashley Franklin, class of 2018 of Milford, was among the student-presenters at the third annual CREATE Conference at Eastern Connecticut State University on April 21. She majors in social work and presented a poster titled “Family Structure and Substance Usage.”
• Katherine Kurata, class of 2019, from Milford, has been placed on the Gettysburg College Dean’s Commendation List for the spring 2017 semester.
• Local Yale New Haven Hospital Auxiliary 2017 winners of $1,500 scholarships include Jonathan Feher, Carly Malesky, Marissa Pollack, Olivia Steiner, Allison Jezierny and Melanie Coleman, all of Milford. They will pursue an education in the medical and allied health fields.
• Worcester Polytechnic Institute student-athlete Ryan Dennis of Milford, was recently honored at the WPI Athletics annual banquet in men’s track and field.
• Melody Altschuler of Bethany was named to the Dean’s List at Bates College for the winter semester ending in April 2017.
Altschuler, the daughter of Howard A. Altschuler of Bethany, and Debra L. Lazrove of Lyme, is a 2012 graduate of Ethel Walker School. She is majoring in psychology at Bates.
• Henry Catchpole of Milford is on the Marist College Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester. Catchpole is a member of the class of 2019 and is majoring in information technology and systems.