• Kim DiMatteo, a partner and vice president at DiMatteo Group in Shelton, recently was inducted into the Fairfield County Hall of Fame by the Home Builders and Remodelers Association.
• Jean Zanella-Dyer of Orange, South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority vice president of service delivery, was recently appointed to the New Haven Farms board of directors.
She is former board chairwoman of the Mercy Learning Center in Bridgeport, past chairwoman of the Connecticut Section of the American Water Works Association and was vice chairwoman of the board of the New England Chapter of the National Association of Water Companies.
• Eighth-graders Caroline Chen and Christian Chen were selected to receive Amity Middle School Orange’s 2016-2017 Scholar Leader Award sponsored by the Connecticut Association of Schools.
The program recognizes one boy and one girl from each middle school for scholarship and leadership in school and community.
Caroline and Christian were recognized, along with other Scholar Leaders from across the state, at an awards banquet June 4 at the Aqua Turf Club.
• Janet F. Phillips, CPA of Milford, professor of accounting and accounting department chairwoman at Southern Connecticut State University, was appointed a member-at-large of the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants Advisory Council for 2017-2018.
• Allyson M. Tine of Bethany, a freshman, undeclared major, was on the Deans’ List at SUNY Oswego for spring 2017.
• Southern Connecticut State University 2017 spring graduates:
Bethany: Kenneth Adair, Allison Ryan, Gabrielle Wynschenk.
Milford: Assaf Alakeel, Lisa Allen, Veronica Andranovich, Jennifer Brown, Rebecca Busillo, Raymond Carissimi, Mario Castiello, Monica Concas, Cathline Corriette, Brian Darrow, Shea Dolan, Cody Edson, Ashley Lynn Foster, Michaela Garland, David Gray, Chloe Hudd, Alexander Impellizeri, Karen Jazwinski, Chanhsamai Kingkittisack, Ashley Ladore, Brittany Leiss, Kaitlin Magalnick, Hamza Manzar, Alida Martinez, Sejal Mehta, Caitlyn Miller, Lauren Miro, Brittany Muldowney, Jessica Nantel, Tiffany Nantel, Jessica Newman, Shakeela Nobles, Hannah Olsson, Jessica Opotzner, Derek Parrott, Rebecca Pejinsky, Daniel Perrone, Megan Polizzo, Jeffrey Raucci, Kelsey Rivera, Nolan Rourke, Haley Schmaling, Abby Shackett, Allison Shannon, Julian Velez, Siena Vicencio, Elizabeth Voytershark, Casey Wilcock.
Orange: Omar Ahmad, Tara Bonaldo, Vincent Ceccarelli, Miranda Curnane, Alex Deangelo, Eric Einbinder, Dakota Flemmig, Stephanie Haberman, Ismail Labrador, Olivia Livoti, Sharral Long, Steven Meyer, Katerina Miller, Cody Peters, Luke Sacramone, Nicholas Santini, Emily Schuessler, Jessica Simone, James Steinbrick, Taylor Tedesco, Jacob Weinstein, Tianhong Yue.
Woodbridge: Stefanie Austin, Katie Beland, Sara Beland, Joseph Borruso, Yu-Han Chen, Jennifer Chiappone, Gabriela Gregorczyk, Mishel Hussain, Priscilla Letis.
• Andrea E. Noss of Orange, a senior majoring in business administration, was named to the President’s List for the spring 2017 semester at SUNY Oswego.
• The following local students have made the Dean’s List at Loyola University Maryland: Timothy Attolino, class of 2017 from Milford; Jenna Christiani, class of 2019 from Milford; Gillian Ellis, class of 2019 from Milford; Brett Gibbs, class of 2018 from Milford; Deneca Minowa, class of 2017 from Milford.
• Miranda Catherine Kay of Milford graduated May 28 from Vassar College. Kay, an earth science major, is the daughter of Brian K. Kay and Cathy Ann Rieben-Kay.
• Gina Georgetti of Milford, class of 2017 Eastern Connecticut State University, a member of the softball team who majors in mathematics, qualified for the Little East Conference All-Academic Team in the spring 2017 semester.
• Lauralton Hall’s engineering team, The Wright Sisters, won the annual Sikorsky STEM Challenge. Lauralton Hall was the only all-girls school of the eight Connecticut high schools chosen to participate in this yearlong competition to design a repair connection for a broken aileron linkage on an F4U4-Corsair plane.
The top three teams presented May 20 at the CT Expo in Wallingford where Lauralton was named the winner.
The team of 18 students included: seniors Olivia D’Andrea of Milford, Yashaswini Soleti of Milford; junior Kailyn Ball of Milford; sophomores Leah Cogguillo of Milford, Isabella Secchiaroli of Milford, Rory Woods of Milford.
• Local undergraduates who received their degrees at Merrimack College on May 21: Christopher Cimmino of Orange, David Foster of Milford.
• Binghamton University students on the spring Dean’s List are: Jonathan Gelernter, Sebastian Nario-Malberg, Cameron R. Viezel of Woodbridge.
• Local students who graduated in May from Rochester Institute of Technology include Paul Manzione of Milford, who graduated with an ACT in user experience design and development; Benjamin Marus of Milford, who graduated with a BS in industrial engineering.
• Local students who graduated in May from University of Wisconsin-Madison include: Dana Grindall, School of Human Ecology, BS Human Development and Family Studies, Orange; Raymond Moquet, School of Business, BSA,finance, investment and banking, Orange.
• Andrea E. Noss of Ora