• St. Mary School, Milford, teachers Anne Kiernan and Brian Carey recently brought their fifth-graders to Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts for a day of exploring, learning and fun.
• The Georgia Institute of Technology presented Master of Science in aerospace engineering in May to Jonathan Katzman of Woodbridge.
• Hofstra University spring 2017 Provost’s List, which recognizes students who have earned a perfect 4.0 grade point average, includes Cassandra Mazzacco of Orange.
• Loyola University Maryland recognized the following students from the class of 2017 at its Commencement Exercises held May 20: Timothy Attolino, of Milford, received a BA in political science; Deneca Minowa, of Milford, received a BBA in business administration.
• The University of Alabama awarded a doctor of philosophy during spring commencement in May to Oscar Rivera Almeyda of Milford.
• On May 14, Brendan Regan of Woodbridge received a Bachelor of Arts in media arts production from Emerson College.
• Curry College student Kayla Prete of Orange received the Outstanding Academic Achievement in Accounting Award at the 48th annual Awards Recognition Ceremony.
• Bryan Niebanck of Milford was named to the Siena College Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester.
• Hofstra University named the following local students to the spring 2017 Dean’s List: Peter Charney of Bethany, Haritsa Halepas of Woodbridge, Alessandra Villano of Orange.
• Local students named to the Lincoln University of Missouri Dean’s List are: Catherine Olson of Orange; Zachary Arons of Woodbridge.
• Samantha R. Austin of Bethany was named to the University of Scranton’s Dean’s List for the 2017 spring semester. Austin is a senior health administration major in the Panuska College of Professional Studies.
• Patrick Welch of Orange was on the Goodwin College’s President’s List for the spring 2017 session.
• Western New England University’s Stageless Players presented the spring production of Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast.” Nicholas S. Dana of Milford appeared as Crony 3/Villager/Wolf/Pepper Shaker; Matthew B. Simmons of Milford was the Bookseller/Villager/Wolf/Plate/Gargoyle.
• Goodwin College announces the local students who achieved Dean’s List status for the spring 2017 session: Diana McSherry of Bethany; Melinda Costello, Evis Trim, Marie Sonsini, Maria Auriemma of Milford, Jacquelyn O’Connor, of Milford; Patrick Welch of Orange.
• The following students were named to the Dean’s List at the University of New Haven for the spring 2017 semester.
Bethany: Kristin Firine, Ryan Hauser, Alex Macnamara, Marisa Mignone, Brianna Mirmina, Roberta Scott.
Milford: Lindsey Attolino, Colleen Chrzanowski, Aldo Corsi, Anthony Detullio, Benjamin Ear, Justin Finch, Connor French, Joseph Harry, Gabrielle Hartley, Raymond Hofferman, Heather Honor, Eungee Hwang, Kayleigh Kish, Jacob Laplant, Christian Lofthouse, Matthew Maruottolo, Melissa Mickolyzck, Melanie Mucciacciaro, Ryan Olah, Dylan Ritter, Karl Rodriguez-Perez, Tiana Rotzal.
Orange: Ahmed Mohammed G. Alghamdi, Kimberly Bennett, Christina Celone, Jessica Esposito, Heather Ferranti, Caryl Fisher, Christina Genovese, Amanda Hudson, Kathryn Pisano, Rebecca Spargo, Jonathan Winchell, Catherine Withington.
Woodbridge: Joseph Capela, Mark Dutka, Monika Kaczmarczyk.
• Erin Castaldi of Milford was named to the Dean’s List at University of Saint Joseph for the spring 2017 semester.
• The following students have been named to the University of Delaware Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester: Alessandro Chiodo of Woodbridge, Allie Klein of Woodbridge, Isabel Debnam of Milford, Lauren Mastrofrancesco of Orange, Morgan Guadagnoli of Orange, Natalie Ambrosey of Milford, Nicole Simon of Woodbridge, Rebecca Kaplan of Orange, Tara Gioiella of Orange.
• Local students named to the University of Hartford Dean’s List for spring 2017 are: Milford: Anthony Longobardi, Joseph Sciancalepore, Heather Volkens, Michele Lutz, Anthony Cornelio, William Stark, Kristen Plouffe; Orange: Emily Kehlenbeck; Woodbridge: Sebastian DiMauro, Domenico Canepari.
• The Milford Garden Club concluded its 90th anniversary year with a garden luncheon at the home of Janet Kuryla, former club president and current treasurer. During the meeting, President Bunny Elmore awarded scholarships to Milford graduating seniors: Annika Benedetti, of Foran High School, and Angelina DeBenedet, of Lauralton Hall. Both will be studying environmental sciences.
• The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire School of Arts and Sciences has named Cassandra Bostic of Milford to its Dean’s List for the 2017 spring semester.
• Diana Kate Karsanow of Woodbridge was named to the Miami University spring 2017 president’s list. Karsanow is earning a BA in history of art and architecture, majoring in art & architecture history, arts management.
• Local students named to the spring 2017 Dean’s List at Roger Williams University are: Nicole Andreson of Bethany, Drew Carolan of Milford, Matthew Carrano of Milford, Hope Cupole of Milford, Catherine Dunleavy of Orange, Shannon Earley of Orange, Alexandra Ende of Milford, Maggie Knies of Orange, Charles Knights of Milford, Marina Kydes of Milford, Robert McGinnis of Milford, Sean Rice of Milford, Taylor Winnick of Woodbridge.
• Dana Grindall of Orange, a student in the School of Human Ecology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, earned Dean’s High Honors for the spring semester of the 2016-2017 academic year.