• Iowa State University students on the spring semester 2017 Dean’s List include: Bethany, Chelsea Anne Marko, veterinary medicine; Orange, Jamie Ann Lembo, veterinary medicine.
• Orange resident Patrick Welch has achieved a perfect 4.0 grade point average at Goodwin College for the spring 2017 session, earning a spot on the President’s List.
• Local students who graduated in May from the University of Vermont: Jacqueline Nunes of Woodbridge, with a Bachelor of Science in professional nursing; Darren Payen of Milford, with a Bachelor of Arts in psychological science; Holly Russo of Milford, with a Bachelor of Science in community entrepreneurship.
• Local students on the Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester at Southern Connecticut State University are: Bethany: Joseph Amarante, Chloe Brinton, Vasana Francois, Julia Harrison, Taylor Mucha, Jaak Rakfeldt, Kristin Rendero, Gabrielle Wynschenk.
Milford: Chris Austin, Alexander Barry, Lonnie Blackwell, John Blodgett, Ryan Bradbury, Katharine Buckheit, Kristin Carlson, Mario Castiello, Candace Chapman, Kirill Chernyak, Sean Chesler, Anthony Ciatto, Tiffany Coleman, Cynthia Colon, Lawrence Costantini, Benjamin Croll, Brittany Czajkowski, Brian Darrow, Sarah Dato, Terri Davis, Theodore Deconne, Kelly DeHart, Nicholas Devito, Shea Dolan, Sarah Donaldson, Alexander Eager, William Emery, Marykate Fallon, Nicholas Ferrara, Megan Fitzsimons, Molly Flanagan, Emilie Ganan, Michaela Garland, Chloe Hudd, Christina Immediato, Daniel Immediato, Alexander Impellizeri, Emma Johnson, Hannah Johnson, Danielle Kolliopoulos, Michael Lanzaro, Adam Larocca, Grant Laskin, Connor Lawless, Kaitlin Magalnick, Zan Manzar, Catherine Meszaros, Rebecca Minahan-Rowley, Lauren Miro, Jeff Morgan, Bozo Mrvic,
Brittany Muldowney, Stephen Murray, Jessica Nantel, Tiffany Nantel, Matthew Nicoll, David Notholt, Robert Notholt, Megan Polizzo, Anthony Pollack, Brittany Procaccini, Sara Rahim, Jeffrey Raucci, James Reynolds, Sara Rincon Chavez, Brennah Rogers, Amanda Roma, Haley Schmaling, Paige Schwarz, Giovanni Sciarappa, Allison Shannon, Meghan Sherman, Heather Sherrick, Jared Simpson, Alyssa Smeraglino, Faith Smith, Zachary Sturgill, Farhat Sumra, Katherine Thompson, Salvatore Tuozzola, Christopher Vallecillo, Julian Velez, Caseyanne Viera, Elizabeth Voytershark, Jennifer Weissauer, Kelli Zahariades.
Orange: Thomas Brunski, Andrew Catapano, Vincent Ceccarelli, Melissa Cross, Madison Csejka, Miranda Curnane, Farzana Dosani, Dakota Flemmig, Shane Gallagher, Stephanie Haberman, Olivia Livoti, Youssef Maklad, Nicholas Mazzacco, Cody Peters, Emily Schuessler, Mary Spodnick, James Steinbrick, William Steinbrick, Alyssa Weisberger.
Woodbridge: Nicholas Alexiades, Carli Atwood, Sara Beland, Sandra Britton, Trimaine Brown, Jenna Deluca, Gabriela Gregorczyk, Laura Jensen, Seungwon Lee, Priscilla Letis, Matthew Lockhart, Julie Luce, Brianna Marcosano, Tobenna Nwangwu, Taylor Portelinha.
• Dean College students on the Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester are: Staci D’Andrea of Milford, Rosemarie Katz of Milford.
• Victoria Aradillos of Milford was named to the Emmanuel College Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester.
• Local students on the Dean’s List at Connecticut College for the 2017 spring semester, their class year and major: Bethany: Francesca G. Ferrante, 2018, Dean’s High Honors, biological sciences and Italian studies.
Milford: Kathryn R. Alderman, 2017, Dean’s High Honors, English; Tyler A. Clark, 2019, Dean’s High Honors, mathematics and physics; Michaela S. Smith, 2019, Dean’s Honors, human development; Rebecca C. Tutino, 2017, Dean’s High Honors, behavioral neuroscience and psychology. Orange: Sarah M. Haddad, 2017, Dean’s High Honors, American studies.
• Cole S. Bodak, son of Robin and John Bodak of Woodbridge, was named to the Dean’s List at Hamilton College for the 2017 spring semester. A May graduate, Bodak majored in Chinese and economics at Hamilton.
• Katherine T. Glusac, daughter of Marie Robert and Earl Glusac of Woodbridge, was named to the Dean’s List at Hamilton College for the 2017 spring semester. A May graduate, Glusac majored in French at Hamilton.
• Lasell College has named local students to the Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester: Timothy Dunne of Milford; Jonathan Sutton of Orange.
• James Madison University announced the following students who graduated during the May 5, 2017, commencement exercises: Kara Burgess of Woodbridge, with a degree in international affairs; Madelyn Dellert of Orange, with a degree in international affairs; Nicholas Walker of Bethany, with a degree in finance; Lindsey Marie Seyfried of Milford, magna cum laude in communication sciences and disorders;
• James Madison University announced the following students who graduated during the May 4, 2017, commencement exercises: Danielle Ann Frobel of Orange, graduated with a degree in education, fifth year format (MAT) from the Graduate School.
• Local residents who received their degrees at the University of Hartford’s Undergraduate Commencement on May 21: Joseph Sciancalepore of Milford, a cinema major in the College of Arts and Sciences, received a Bachelor of Arts; Michele Lutz of Milford, a nursing major in the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions, received a Bachelor of Science in nursing; Anthony Longobardi of Milford, a civil engineering major in the College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture, received a Bachelor of Science in civil engineering.
Heather Volkens of Milford, an electrical engineering major in the College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture, received a Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering; Emily Kehlenbeck of Orange, an illustration major in the Hartford Art School, received a Bachelor of Fine Arts.
• Quinnipiac University awarded degrees in May to: Bethany: Ayesha Patel, Bachelor of Science in health science studies; Emma Soviero, Bachelor of Arts in film, video & interactive media. Milford: Michael Balokoz, Bachelor of Science in finance; Makaila Cavender, Bachelor of Science in health science studies; Devin Colandro, Bachelor of Arts in English; Sean Davis, Bachelor of Arts in film, video & interactive media; Stephany Griswold, Bachelor of Science in nursing; Madeline Guman, Bachelor of Science in health science studies; Thomas Larracuente, Bachelor of Science in health science studies; Kyle Michelson, Bachelor of Science in health science studies; Caitlin Prete, Bachelor of Science in accounting; Camille Ross, Bachelor of Science in management; Alexander Stevens, Bachelor of Science in entrepreneurship/Sm Bus; Michelle Vitelli, Bachelor of Arts in history. Orange: Gabrielle Syrop, Bachelor of Science in health science studies; Alexander Thimineur, Bachelor of Science in computer science. Woodbridge: Lauren Ciardiello, Bachelor of Arts in mathematics; Tori Laugeni, Bachelor of Arts in mathematics; Madison Lecker, Bachelor of Arts in psychology; Tony Nguyen, Bachelor of Science in finance; Shannon Rule, Bachelor of Arts in communications; Samuel Simon, Bachelor of Arts in communications.
• Jacob F. Laser, who majored in biology, graduated May 21 from Colby College. He attended Amity Regional High School and is the son of Mark Laser and Amy Knorr of Orange.
• The following students were named to the Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester at Western Connecticut State University: Bethany: Aidan Leonard-Pasley, pre-nursing; Milford: Maxwell Caserta, music education; Christopher Cochrane, music performance, jazz; Natalia Hart, psychology; Julia Roth, nursing; Jordyn Visco, health promotion studies; Orange: Kevin Durkee, musical theater; Gabrielle Gambardella, elementary education; Jenna Pisano, elementary education; Molly Ronan, political science.
• Kaitlin Thomas of Orange, a sophomore at Connecticut College, has been named to the 2017 NESCAC Spring All-Academic Team by the New England Small College Athletic Conference. She is on Connecticut College’s Women’s Outdoor Track and Field team. Thomas is one of 57 Connecticut College student athletes selected by the conference.
• Lincoln University of Missouri has named the following local students who qualified for the spring 2017 Dean’s List: Catherine Olson of Orange; Zachary Arons of Woodbridge.
• Eastern Connecticut State University named the full-time students on the Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester: Madelyn Flader, 2020 of Milford. Flader’s major is psychology. Aaron Hostetler, 2020 of Milford. Hostetler’s major is exploratory prof. studies. Sarah Gambardella, 2018 of Milford. Gambardella’s major is visual arts. Brianna Grazynski, 2018 of Milford. Grazynski’s major is business administration. Amber Lewandowski, 2020 of Milford. Lewandowski’s major is physical education. Jacob Reed, 2020 of Milford. Reed’s major is English and history. Christopher Nunno, 2017 of Milford. Nunno’s major is social work. Sarah Dunn, 2018 of Milford. Dunn’s major is business administration. Katelyn Stokes, 2019 of Milford. Stokes’ major is pre-elementary education and history. Kathryn Gowisnock, 2019 of Milford. Gowisnock’s major is pre-elementary education and liberal studies. Kerry McNamara, 2017 of Milford. McNamara’s major is communication. Katherine Esposito, 2020 of Orange. Esposito’s major is health sciences. Mackenzie Seymour, 2020 of Orange. Seymour’s major is business administration and accounting. Brianna Faustini, 2017 of Orange. Faustini’s major is sociology. Amanda Meade, 2017 of Orange. Meade’s major is communication. Shannon Murphy, 2017 of Woodbridge. Murphy’s major is social work.
• The General Federation of Women’s Clubs-Milford Young Women’s Club named 25 Milford students in grades 1-12 to win awards for their creative writing entries in poetry and short stories.
Category I: grades 1-2
Aaryan Doshi, Grade 1, “If I Were Invisible,” Mathewson School; Elizabeth Ramsauer, Grade 2, “Snowflake,” Meadowside School; Agatha Correa, Grade 2, “The True Story of the Candy Princess,” Calf Pen Meadow; Jaycey Ressler, Grade 2, “How My Homework Flew Away,” Live Oaks School.
Category II: grades 3-4
Owsley Coda Quinn, Grade 3, Candy Land,” Pumpkin Delight; Riyaan Kothari, Grade 4, “Blue,” Orchard Hills School; Benjamin Oakes, Grade 4, “Rain,” Live Oaks School; Yahvi Johri, Grade 4, “Are We Done,” Meadowside; Oliver Sawitsky, Grade 4, “The Jetpack Ride,” Orange Avenue School; Alana Duguay, Grade 4, “Fairytale Magic,” from Calf Pen Meadow; Hailey Garcia, Grade 4, “The Brave Hunters,” Meadowside School; Connor Rizzo, Grade 4, “The Adventure at the North Pole,” Calf Pen Meadow; Shriya Vaid, Grade 3, “Shipwreacked,” JF Kennedy School.
Category III: grades 5-6
Caden Simpson, Grade 5, “Shore,” Pumpkin Delight; Marco Buschauer, Grade 6, “A Refraction of Earth,” Harborside Middle School; Kasey Dixon, Grade 5, “Long Gone,” JF Kennedy; Erin Schmitt, Grade 5, “Meditation Mom,” Orchard Hills; Aislinn Burns, Grade 6, “Golden Rule,” Harborside Middle; Olivia Langner, Grade 5, “The Night’s Moon,” Orchard Hills; Grace Mrsich, Grade 5, “Mr. Piggins,” Orange Avenue; Natalie Clark, Grade 5, “M,” JF Kennedy.
Category IV: grades 7-8
Feyzanur Efe, Grade 8, “Equality,” East Shore Middle School; Daniya Chopra, Grade 8, “Amusement Park,” East Shore Middle; Siobhan Ekeh, Grade 8, “Maybe The Skeletons Should Stay,” and “Writing is a Thing That I Do,” West Shore Middle School; Brygid Sawitsky, Grade 7, “Purple,” Harborside.
Category V: grades 9-12
Matt Mainieri, Grade 11, “Oldest One,” Law High School; Roma Ubaldi, Grade 9, “The Future,” Foran High; Genevieve Jaser, Grade 12, “Peace of Mine,” Foran; Grace Lavallee, Grade 9, “High School,” Foran.
• Local students on the Goodwin College Dean’s List for the spring 2017 are: Diana McSherry of Bethany; Maria Auriemma of Milford; Melinda Costello of Milford; Jacquelyn O’Connor of Milford; Marie Sonsini of Milford; Evis Trim of Milford; Patrick Welch of Orange.
• Local students who graduated from Union College on June 11 included: Sarah Irvine, of Milford; Irvine received a Bachelor of Science cum laude, majoring in psychology. Christopher Katz, of Woodbridge; Katz received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude, majoring in political science and History.
• The following local students graduated from Fairfield University on May 21:
Milford: David T. Demet, Samuel Ditchkus, Jamie R. Hall, Alexander J. Hutcheon, Sally H. Ng, Casey A. Oliver, Julia A. Reno, Michael Rodriguez, Hayley B. Soulier.
Orange: Stephen M. Borrelli, Sandra J. DiDonato, Abigayel B. Phillips, Mark D. Pinciaro, Emily A. Rippel, Julia M. Vitti.
Woodbridge: Henry Guo, Dimitri N. Skuret, Christian M. Wallace.
• Furman University spring 2017 Dean’s List includes: Catherine Olson, daughter of Martha Olson and Dr. Richard Olson, of Orange; Zachary Arons, son of Jeffrey Arons and Lauren Arons, of Woodbridge.
• Area students named to the Dean’s List at Quinnipiac University for the spring 2017 semester are: Bethany: Kelly Kruysman, Alexander Mass. Milford: Taylor Brashear, Dustin Conrad, James Coon, Abby Felner, Nicholas Griswold, Stephany Griswold, Madeline Guman, Natalie Henry, Georgina Lloyd, Kyle Michelson, Francesco Mucciacciaro III, Jillian Page, Valeriya Pozdnyakova, Caitlin Prete, Shane Sullivan, Cristian Woodford. Orange: Nicole Antaya, Michael Brennan, Daniel Brigham, Gerald Farace, Collin Fischman, John Grasso, Lauren Salatto-Rosenay, Bret Schneider, Sarah Smeriglio, Gabrielle Syrop, Jessica Szkotnicki. Woodbridge: Samantha Adzigian, Abigail Immanuel, Tori Laugeni, Rachael Mason, Shannon Rule.