Peace, Love, Music From Maren slated for April 30
MILFORD >> The second annual Peace, Love and Music From Maren will take place 10 a.m.-5 p.m. April 30 at Jonathan Law High School, Lansdale Avenue.
This citywide event celebrates the life of Maren Sanchez, 16, a Law student who was killed the morning of her junior prom in 2014.
The festival is sponsored by the Maren Sanchez Memorial Fund and the Maren Sanchez Home Foundation.
Last year, Law and Foran High School students benefited from the scholarship fund, with more than $55,000 awarded to graduating seniors.
The festival will include live music, art, food trucks, inflatable.
The PLM Committee is looking for business and corporate sponsors to sponsor theme raffle baskets, any food truck vendors, and volunteers to help during the event.
This family event is designed to honor all the things Maren loved.
Activities will include:
• 9 a.m., comments from local dignitaries such as Mayor Benjamin G. Blake and Superintendent of Schools Elizabeth Feser.
• A 5K run is at 9:30 a.m., and the runners have the option of being timed.
The school band will lead the participants in a parade from the field up to the race starting point.
• Continuous live music featuring headliners Rum Runners and DynaMojo.
• Also, 20 inflatables, a mural street art competition in partnership with the Milford Arts Council, an all-day kickball tournament, raffles and food truck vendors.
• On the field, representatives from schools, organizations and businesses, and crafts vendors.
More than 3,000 people attended in its first year and the committee expects more this year.
For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.