Parking for Oyster Festival
MILFORD >> The Milford Police Department has issued the following information for traffic, parking and other issues regarding the Oyster Festival, which is 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
• Access to downtown will be restricted 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. The streets to be closed and/or have limited access include: North Broad, South Broad, Depot streets, New Haven Avenue from Gulf Street to Daniel Street, Prospect Street from Cherry Street to New Haven Avenue, River Street from Darina Place to New Haven Avenue, Armory Lane, Factory Lane, Shipyard Lane, Center Street and High Street from Jepson Drive to Helwig Street.
• Access to the railroad station parking areas for railroad patrons will only be allowed from High Street.
• On-street parking will be restricted within the festival boundaries 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
• Handicapped parking will be provided at Milford Senior Center, Jepson Drive; Harborside Middle School, High Street; and Daniel S. Wasson Field lot, West Main Street. There will be senior and handicapped-access shuttle transportation to and from these locations.
• Access to the city boat launch on Shipyard Lane will be restricted 6 a.m.-6:30 pm.
• Pets and coolers will not be allowed within the festival boundaries.
• Shuttle buses will pick up and drop off festival patrons 9:30 a.m.-7 p.m. at Jonathan Law High School, Lansdale Avenue, and the Westfield Connecticut Post Shopping Mall.
• There will be police K9 demonstrations at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. across from the Milford Public Library, 57 New Haven Ave.
• A mass message will be sent through the “Milford Alerts” system advising of the parking and traffic restrictions during festival hours. to register, visit www.milfordpd.org and click on “Milford Alerts.”
For further information, visit www.milfordoysterfestival.com.