Orange festival spotlights all things Greek
ORANGE >> Saint Barbara Greek Orthodox Church to present Odyssey: A Greek Festival, Sept. 1-4, featuring Greek cuisine, music, dancing and a marketplace.
Set on the grounds of the Byzantine-style church, it offers all things Greek:
• Classic Greek cuisine - appetizers (meze), Greek pastries (glyka), lamb on the spit (souvla), moussaka, gyro, spanakopita (spinach pie) and pastitisio (Greek style lasagna)
• Gourmet Meze Grille, appetizers, including saganaki (flaming cheese), loukaniko sausage, grilled shrimp, lamb chops, avgolemono soup, dips and pitas; live music by Athenian Entertainment.
• Live Greek cooking demonstrations.
• Greek marketplace, Gourmet Greek grocery, T-shirts, jewelry, arts & crafts, bookstore.
• Giant tag sale.
• Presentations on Greek culture and religion, along with church tours.
• Traditional Greek folk dances; dance lessons at 8:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
• Nightly dancing to The Hellenic Company band.
• Kids’ rides, games and magic shows.
• 10-prize raffle, with grand prize of $10,000 cash.
• Senior citizens day: noon-3 p.m. Sept. 1, 20 percent senior citizen discount on meals.
Hours: noon-10 p.m. Sept. 1-3; noon-7 p.m. Sept. 4.
Free admission and free parking on-site and next door at Holy Infant Church.
Info: 203-795-1347 or www.saintbarbara.org.