Orange DTC will honor Trish Pearson
ORANGE >> The Democratic Town Committee will honor Trish Pearson with the annual O’Sullivan Award with a dinner at Birchwoods of Oak Lane on March 22.
Pearson said she was “humbled and honored to receive the O’Sullivan Award and proud to be in the company of the two previous recipients, Paul Davis and Robert Shanley — both outstanding public servants.”
• She worked to improve the Toddler Playgroup room at High Plains Community Center, and was president of the Orange Community Nursery School and Mary L. Tracy PTA. She and her husband, Glenn, managed the snack bar for the Little League.
• She was the first woman appointed to the Police Commission and served as its chairwoman.
• She led the 375th Jubilee Committee, which grew into the Special Events Committee. Together with a team, they produced the Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting, Flag Day and Veterans Day events, the Summer Concert series, and 4th of July Fireworks.
• She served five terms on the Board of Selectmen.
• She has been a member of the Rotary Club more than 20 years and will serve as district governor in 2017-18.
• She was chairwoman of the town Democratic Town Committee, and is a member of the Democratic State Central Committee, representing Orange, Milford and West Haven.
• She is the principal at Trish Pearson Insurance Services, LLC.
Tickets are $65 each and can be obtained by contacting Jen Alfaro at firstname.lastname@example.org.