School officials investigated an alleged threat at Foran High School Thursday afternoon but determined it was “not credible” and said school will be open as usual Friday.

In a prepared statement, Milford school officials said, “After school was dismissed Thursday, administrators at Joseph A. Foran High School became aware of an alleged threat that had been made against the Foran High School community.”

Officials did not elaborate on the threat or how it was communicated.

The Milford Police Department was contacted and immediately began investigating, school officials said.

“It has been determined there is no threat to the school community,” the press release states. “The Police Department will be continuing with their investigation and working with school officials.”

Foran High School will be open and operating as normal Friday. As a precaution, there will be added security presence at the school.

“We encourage students and parents to report matters which seem suspicious or uncomfortable to school administrators when they occur so we can investigate and continue with our top priority, which is providing a safe and comfortable school environment,” officials said in the press release.