ORANGE NEWS BRIEFS
High Holy Days
at Temple Emanuel
ORANGE >> Temple Emanuel, 150 Derby Ave., has the following schedule for the High Holy Days:
• Oct. 16, 3:30 p.m. Sukkot family program, Sukkah building and potluck dinner in the Sukkah; 6:30 p.m. Erev Sukkot service.
• Oct. 23, 6 p.m. Erev Simchat Torah/consecration service.
Contact the TE office at 203-397-3000 for details and to purchase guest tickets, which are required for security purposes.
Church of the Good Shepherd events
The Church of the Good Shepherd, 680 Racebrook Road, holds the following:
Bus trip, pasta supper
Holy Infant Church, 450 Racebrook Road, offers the following:
• The Women’s Guild will have a pasta supper 5-7 p.m. Oct. 19 in the school gym. The family-style meal includes pasta, meatballs, salad, bread, dessert, coffee, tea and soft drinks. Tickets are $12 for adults, $5 for children under 10, free for children under 6, $30 per family (two adults, up to three children). For tickets, call 203-799-2379.
Pink ribbon wreath on Town Hall door
Town representatives and resident Joanne Choinieret will hang a pink ribbon wreath on the front door of Town Hall, 617 Orange Center Road, at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19.
The event is in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
After the ceremony, anyone can take a pink ribbon from the wreath to honor those who have survived, as well as those who have died of breast cancer.
Pink ribbon cards will be sold for $5 and hung in Town Hall to benefit Susan G. Komen Connecticut.
Orange Senior Center offers programs
Orange Senior Center holds the following programs. For more information and to register, call 203-891-4784.
• Orange Visiting Nurse Association flu clinics: A high dose vaccine will be administered people 65 years and older; a quadrivalent vaccine for those under 65, 1-3 p.m. Oct. 20, at High Plains Community Center. RSVP: 203-891-4752. Also, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Nov. 3 at OVNA office, no appointment needed. Election Day, Nov. 8, High Plains Community Center, 8-11 a.m., 1-4 p.m., 6-8 p.m.
Details: 203-891-4752. Insurances accepted: Medicare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, Connecticare. United Healthcare is not accepted.
• Vein disease: 1-2 p.m. Oct. 17, Corie Scharpf, regional community outreach coordinator with the Center for Vein Restoration as she discusses vein disease, prevention, symptoms, and new treatments. RSVP: 203-891-4784.
Activities at library
Case Library, 176 Tyler City Road, offers:
• Experiment with No-Tech Tabletop Coding: Wednesday, Oct. 19, 3:30-4:30 p.m. For grades 3-6. All materials will be provided. RSVP.
• Marbled Mini Pumpkin Craft: Thursday, Oct. 20, 4:30-5:30 p.m. What happens when dip-dyeing, nail polish and Halloween collide? Marbled mini-pumpkins, for grades 6-12. RSVP.
Events are free and open to the public, except as noted. Call 203-891-2170, http://www.casememoriallibrary.org.
• Bocce. Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at High Plains Community Center. For more information, call 203-891-4784.