Milford kindergarten registration begins March 4
MILFORD - Kindergarten registration dates have been set throughout the Milford public school district.
Parents with children who will be entering kindergarten in the fall (for the 2014-15 academic year) are asked to go to the school and pick up a registration packet then make an appointment to register in March.
Parents can pick up registration materials at the school beginning Monday, Feb. 10, during normal operating hours prior to the official registration date. Parents need to complete the required forms prior to attending the official registration session.
A child must reach the age of 5 by the end of 2014 in order to start kindergarten in the Fall of 2014. At the time of registration, parents must bring the following items to complete the registration process:
• A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate (with a raised seal);
• A record of any communicable diseases the child may have had;
• A record of the child’s immunization schedule;
• A mortgage or deed or tax bill (for homeowners) or a lease or rental agreement signed by the landlord and including the landlord’s contact phone number (for renters);
• Two recent utility bills in the same name and to the same address, e.g. for land line telephone, water, electric, gas, oil or cable television (cell phone bills are not accepted).
• If applicable, any notarized affidavits or legal or court documentation proving/attesting to residency, guardianship, adoption, custody, emancipation, etc.
Before entry into school in August, each child must have a physical examination that includes a hemoglobin or hematocrit test, vision, hearing, and speech screening. The physical examination cannot have been done earlier than 12 months prior to the date the child enters school.
For more information, contact your neighborhood school or search our website at www.milforded.org.
The dates for kindergarten registration are as follows:
• John F. Kennedy: March 6, 12, 17, and 24;
• Orange Avenue: March 6, 7, 17, and 18;
• Mathewson: March 10, 12, 19, and 20;
• Live Oaks: March 4, 5, 18, and 19.