Milford falls in Section final

Edgewood scored three times in the top of the 10th to secure a 7-4 victory over Milford in the Junior Baseball Section I final at Brinley Field in Orange on Friday.
Tolland, the Section II champions, defeated Edgewood, 6-5, in the first game of the best-of-three state final.
The game between Edgewood, the District V champions, and Milford, the District IV champs, began on Thursday night, but inclement weather forced a postponement in the top of the eighth inning with the game tied at 4.
When the game resumed on Friday evening, Edgewood threatened in the eighth and ninth innings, before pinning three runs on Milford in the top of the 10th.

With one out, Austin Dias drew a walk from Milford reliever Adam Antonini. Catcher Dylan Bartel made a fine catch on Jesse Caron’s pop-up for the second out, but Edgewood wasn’t done yet.
After a walk to lead-off batter Jaden Rasmus, who won the game in relief for Edgewood, Jackson Hines followed with sharp single to right field.
A quick relay by right fielder Matt Jambor kept the go-ahead run anchored at third, but Zach Marquis drew a bases-loaded walk to force in the go-ahead run.
Joe Dorsio then hit a grounder back through the box that resulted in a two-run single, staking Edgewood to a 7-4 advantage.
Milford looked to rally in the top of the 10th, when Ryan Tonelli hit a single to center field and advanced to second base on an errant pick-off throw.
But, Rasmus struck out Joe Morris and Matt Rozmus, before Nick Disabella grounded out to end the game.
Edgewood took a 1-0 edge in the top of the first inning, when Hines walked and scored on a wild pitch by the Milford starter Morris.
Overall, the Milford pitchers combined to walk 16 batters and threw three wild pitches that led to Edgewood runs.
Milford grabbed a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the first, as Disabella sparked the uprising with a lead-off double to the right-center field gap.
Joe Radecki ripped an RBI single to center, advanced to third when Jambor’s grounder to short was misplayed, and scored when Dorsio threw a wild pitch.
After an approximately 15-minute delay in the top of the second concerning an illegal Milford bat, Morris worked a 1-2-3 inning.
Milford pinned two more runs on Dorsio in the bottom of the frame.
Rozmus drew a two-out walk and stole second base.
Disabella followed with a grounder to second that was booted, allowing Rozmus to score to push the lead to 3-1.
Bartel then ripped a single right field, bringing the margin to 4-1.
Unfortunately for the locals, that was their only hit until Tonelli’s 10th-inning single, as Dorsio, Marquis and Rasmus strung together seven no-hit innings.
Disabella was the only Milford hitter to reach base during that stretch, working Marquis for a lead-off walk in the fifth. But he was quickly erased when Edgewood catcher Caron threw him out attempting to steal second.
Morris carried a no-hitter into the fifth inning.
Caron broke it up with an infield single, moved to second on a wild pitch, then scored on a wild pitch.
Edgewood loaded the bases during the frame, but Morris, who threw 96 pitches, limited the damage to one run by getting Ben Mazzone to ground into a fielder’s choice and Josh O’Keefe to ground out to first.
In the top of the seventh, O’Keefe played a central role in Edgewood’s game-tying rally.
Tonelli, who relieved Morris in the sixth, walked Rasmus and allowed a single to Hines. A wild pitch allowed Rasmus to score, cutting Milford’s edge to 4-3.
Marquis then walked, before Dorsio flied out and Mazzone popped out.
That brought O’Keefe to the plate, and he tied the game with an infield single. Marquis was caught in a rundown on the play, with Disabella tagging him for the third out, but Hines scored before the putout.
Marquis induced three consecutive flyouts in the bottom of the seventh, before the skies opened up and forced a postponement until Friday.