Milford chamber to present awards
MILFORD >> The Milford Regional Chamber of Commerce will hold its 62nd annual meeting and present Awards of Distinction at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 25, at Grassy Hill Country Club in Orange.
Keynote speaker will be Ted Koppy, news anchor for NBC-Connecticut Today.
Tickets are $59 and tables of eight or 10 are available. The menu is chicken Francaise. To reserve, call the chamber at 203-878-0681 or email email@example.com.
Award recipients are being honored for service to the chamber, Greater Milford’s business community, and the community in general.
The 2016 Awards of Distinction and recipients are:
• Chairman of the board and director of the year: Awarded this year to chamber emeritus 2016 for his time, energy, spirit, and support. For guiding a steady course while displaying outstanding leadership and vision through transition. Recipient: Dan Kiley, Connecticut Post Mall.
• Chamber Service Award: Awarded to a business or individual that has made exceptional contributions to the business community, through constant involvement with board of directors, chamber services, legislative action and volunteer contributions. Recipient: Lynda Smith-Tellier, West Shore Realty.
• Rising Star Award: This new award recognizes a rising young star for outstanding commitment and dedication to the community at an early stage of their career. Recipient: Elizabeth “Betsy” Nilan, The Get In Touch Foundation.
• Human Service Award: The Award will be presented to an individual who has demonstrated care and concern for people in need and has offered unselfish service. Recipient: Kevin J. Curseaden, Carroll, Curseaden & Moore.
• Community’s Future Award: This award is given to a Milford student for outstanding service to the community. Recipient: Hope Burrows, Joseph A. Foran High School class of 2018.
• Community Beautification Award: The award will be presented to a group working toward the betterment of the community as a whole or on a specific project resulting in community benefits. Recipient: Irish Heritage Society of Milford.
• Lifetime Achievement Award: The award will be presented to an individual for contributions and achievements over an exceptional career. Recipient: John T. DePalma, retired.
• Cultural Contribution Award: This award is given to an individual and organization in recognition for cultural contributions to Milford. Recipient: Milford Arts Council.
• Business Person of the Year: This award is presented to a good corporate citizen exhibiting a commitment to the business climate of Milford through growth, expansion, inspiration and continued success. Recipient: Nancy Bennett, Milford Boat Works.
For more information, contact Gary Mullin, executive director, at 203-878-0681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.