Milford Irish Festival
MILFORD >> The 12th annual Milford Irish Festival will be held rain or shine Sept. 15, 16 downtown.
Hours are 6-11 p.m. Sept. 15 and 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Sept. 16 at the Fowler Field Rotary Pavilion, behind the Milford Public Library, 57 New Haven Ave.
Admission is $5 Sept. 15, $10 Sept. 16 per person 13 years and older.
Go to www.milfordirish.org for details.
No pets. All children’s activities are free.
• There is no parking at the festival site except for the handicapped and vendors. Free shuttle bus service will be available at the Parsons Government Center, next to the Daniel S. Wasson Field on West Main Street.
• Entertainment: Bobby Morrill, Highland Rovers, Shilelagh Law, The Mulkerin "> School of Irish Dancing; Lenihan School of Irish Dancing; The Coracles, Jolly Beggars, Keltic Kick and Celtic Cross.
• Food and beverage: corned beef, shepherd’s pie, brats, hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, kettle corn and Italian ices. Also, water, soda, Guinness, Harp and other beers ($5 each), Twisted Tea, Smirnoff Ice, hard cider and wine.
• Irish Marketplace: Clothing, crafts and gifts will include knitwear, sweatshirts, T-shirts, accessories, sterling silver, gemstone, beaded and Celtic jewelry, prints and stationery (including Ogham, first written form of the Irish language), home décor items, giftware and toys.
• Cultural tent: Tea room with Irish coffee, tea and baked scones and Irish soda bread.
On Sept. 15, the Kerry Boys will be featured.
On Sept. 16, there will be Irish history/language, genealogy, Tara Theater Company, music featuring the Shamrock Irish Music Society and Brian Conway leading a traditional Irish music session and step dancing demonstrations.
• Membership tent: Photos of past events and awards will be displayed. Participants can join the Irish Heritage Society of Milford for membership that will run through 2018. Raffles will be 50-50 and for a trip for two to Ireland, including airfare.
• Children’s tent: Free activities 6-8 p.m. Sept. 15, and Sept. 16 11 a.m.-6 p.m., with face painting, coloring, games and prizes, step dancing demonstrations, bounce house activity and arts and crafts.