Milford Hospital support groups and screenings scheduled
MILFORD — Milford Hospital offers free support groups for community members in 2013. For additional information call 203-876-4004.
Scheduled monthly groups include:
• Alzheimer’s: First Monday, 6:30 p.m.;
• Epilepsy: Second Monday, 7 p.m.;
• Stronger Together (a group for the parents and caregivers of children and young adults with medical complexities): Second Tuesday, 7 p.m.;
• Breast Cancer: First Wednesday, 6 p.m.;
• Lupus: Third Thursday, 6:30 p.m.;
• Multiple Sclerosis: Second Saturday, 1:30 p.m.
Milford Hospital is also offering a cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure screening Monday, Jan. 21, 4 to 6:45 p.m., at Milford Hospital. A finger stick blood sample is obtained for the cholesterol reading with results of the total and HDL ratios available within minutes. Fasting is not necessary. Education, counseling and referrals will be available. The fee for the cholesterol screening is $15. Appointments are required and can be made by calling the Department of Education at 203-876-4004.