Milford Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting & Awards of Distinction rescheduled due to weather
MILFORD >> The Milford Chamber of Commerce is proudly holding its 60th Annual Meeting & 2014 Awards of Distinction Friday, Feb. 13, 11:30 a.m., at Grassy Hill Country Club in Orange.
The event was rescheduled from its original January date due to the storm. This year features keynote speaker Dr. Henry C. Lee, internationally renowned professor and founder of the Forensic Science program at the University of New Haven.
The 60th Annual Meeting & Awards of Distinction luncheon is open to the public. Tickets are $59 per guest and tables of eight or ten are also available. The luncheon menu is chicken franchise with accompaniments. Guests who RSVP’d for the January date will have a seat reserved for this new February date and do not need to respond again. New guests interested in attending can make reservations by calling the Milford Chamber of Commerce at 203-878-0681 or emailing email@example.com. Advanced reservations are required.
Award recipients are being honored for service to the Milford Chamber of Commerce, greater Milford’s business community, and the community in general.
This year’s recipients are:
• Chairman Emeritus 2014: Scott Moulton, Capital Management Group;
• Director of the Year: Dewey Forbes, Sales Marketing Associates, LLC;
• Ambassador of the Year: Tami Jackson, Literacy Center of Milford, Inc.
• Human Service Award: Jody Culmone, Parkinson’s Foundation and Milford Consortium for Childcare Initiatives;
• Health & Wellness Council Award: Boys & Girls Village, Inc.:
• Public Sector Award: Jonathan Law High School: Principal Francis Thompson, school administration, staff, and the student body;
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Robert Macklin, The Milford Bank;
• Small Business of the Year: Milford Green Pizza and Restaurant;
• Business Person of the Year: Elena Fusco, Bin 100 Restaurant;
• Corporate Award: BIC Corporation.