Local residents’ achievements
• Rhea Grant, a junior at Jonathan Law High School, Milford, was one of 20 recipients of the first Yale Bassett Award for Community Engagement. Winners will receive a book signed by the dean of Yale College and be invited to a gathering Oct. 14-15, during their senior year, held by the RITM Center. While on campus, the students will be able to participate in the Multicultural Open House sponsored by Yale’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
• Peter Scully, an eighth-grade student at Amity Middle School Bethany, is the champion of the school Geography Bee and was notified by the National Geographic Society was a semifinalist eligible to compete in the 2017 Connecticut National Geographic State Bee. He is the son of Douglas and Claire Scully of Bethany.
• David Jesensky of Milford was inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma, the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International, during a recent campus ceremony at Quinnipiac University.
• St. Mary’s College lacrosse player Kendra Osinski of Orange, a graduate of Amity Regional High School, recently posted four goals in a 19-15 final.
• Andrew Beaulieu, of Bethany was inducted into the Alpha Lambda Delta honor society at Becker College. Beaulieu is pursuing a degree in interactive media design-game design.