Kindergarten registration open in Milford
MILFORD >> Public school registration is open for children entering kindergarten in the fall.
Children who are 5 by Dec. 31 are eligible.
The process requires the completion of a packet and reservation of an appointment at the child’s school.
For the second year, both functions are done exclusively online.
To begin, parents access the registration link on the district’s website and then enter the required information.
Parents should read the instructions before they begin, because there are specific steps to follow, depending on the status of the child or the family.
Upon completion of the packet, the parent is then directed to a scheduling system for a school visit appointment.
At the school, parents will meet with staff to complete the information process, while children visit with teachers, school nurses and other professionals.
These visits with a child will give school staff the chance to meet the new students while ensuring any services that might be needed are in place when the school year begins.
The appointment is expected to last about 20 minutes.
To register a child, documentation is needed.
It is suggested parents also have the information handy when they begin the online registration. The documents must also be presented to the staff at the school visit.
• A certified copy of your child’s birth certificate, with raised seal.
• For homeowners: mortgage or deed or tax bill for the residence.
• For renters: lease or rental agreement signed by the landlord, with the landlord’s phone number.
• Two recent utility bills in the same name at the same address, such as landline phone, water, electric, gas, oil or cable TV.
• A copy of the student’s latest physical exam and immunization record.
Families who do not have access to a computer may use the computers at the Milford Public Library, 57 New Haven Ave. Additional questions may be directed to the child’s school.