Hospital's Celebration of Trees features decorated holiday trees
Over the past 18 years, the Milford Hospital Celebration of Trees has grown to become a cherished holiday tradition for the people of Milford and surrounding communities.
During the 10-day event from Nov. 29 to Dec. 8, more than 3,000 visitors are expected to stroll through the Milford Hospital lobby and balcony areas to view, and take a chance on winning, one of the themed trees, gift baskets, displays and other items, which have transformed the hospital into a holiday wonderland.
In addition to the trees and traditional holiday items, this year’s event will feature a variety of new prizes, including a flat screen television, a child’s motorized ATV, a Mohegan Sun Getaway, New York Giants tickets and, for the sports collector, a variety of autographed baseballs from New York Yankees Mariano Rivera, CC Sebathia, Ichiro Suzuki and pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.
Highlights of the Celebration of Trees will include the following activities and entertainment: A special “kids day” on Saturday, Nov. 29, starting at 10 a.m., with breakfast with Santa Claus followed by entertainment with Tony the Balloon Man. Tickets are $5 per person, reservations are required and space is limited. Call 203-647-6654.
At the hospital’s annual Tree of Light ceremony, on Friday, Dec. 5, community members are invited to participate in the tree lighting and memorial ceremony by purchasing a light on the outdoor tree in honor or memory of a loved one or friend.
All events and activities will take place at Milford Hospital. The full schedule of holiday festivities is as follows:
Saturday, Nov. 29
• 10 a.m. - Breakfast with Santa, $5 per person, reservations are required, space is limited. Call 203-647-6654 for reservations.
• 11 a.m. – Tony the Balloon Man.
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Visits with Santa.
Sunday, Nov. 30
1:30 p.m. – Performance by Milford Hospital Physician Dr. Michael Rudolph and the Coastal Chordsman
Friday, Dec. 5
• 1 p.m. – Performance by the Musical Group “Matinee.”
• 5:30 p.m. — Tree of Light Ceremony: Special guest is Mayor Ben Blake; blessing by the Rev. Cynthia Knapp of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, and featuring The Sound of Praise, First Baptist Church.
Saturday, Dec. 6
• 11 a.m. – Performance by the Musical Group “Metafour.”
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Cookies with Mrs. Claus.
Sunday, Dec. 7
• 1 to 3 p.m. – Visits with Santa Claus.
• 1 p.m. – Musical event featuring The Jonathan Law Choir, West Shore Middle School Choir and The Pumpkin Delight Choir.
Monday, Dec. 8
• 4 p.m. - Raffle drawing.
Hundreds of volunteers, sponsors and donors give of their time and talent to bring the holiday spirit to Milford Hospital. The Hospital Auxiliary welcomes new participants to the event. For additional information contact the Milford Hospital Auxiliary at 203-647-6654.