Free fairs will spotlight businesses
Free business expos will be held in Milford and Orange.
The Milford event will be held Saturday at the Milford Library, while the Orange expo, with 56 business vendors, is scheduled for Wednesday at High Plains Community Center.
State Rep. Kim Rose, D-Milford, is sponsoring the fair for owners of area small businesses who may want to learn more about state programs, services and tools available.
The event will be held 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, June 4, at the Milford Library, 57 New Haven Ave.
Representatives of several state and local agencies will be on hand to help navigate and understand the services and available opportunities.
“I am looking forward to seeing as many local businesses as possible on June 4,” Rose said.
The drop-in fair is open to anyone thinking about starting a business, she said.
“The state has many resources available that, surprisingly, not many business owners know about. If you know a small business owner, please help me spread the word about this fair.”
For more information, contact Chelsea Neelon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-240-8466.
In Orange, the Orange Economic Development Corp.’s 14th annual Orange Business and Community Expo is set for Wednesday, June 8, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at High Plains Community Center, 525 Orange Center Road.
The free day will include:
• Food samples from Chip’s, Coromandel, DiBella’s Subs, Julia’s Bakery.
• Sales by Elm City Kettle Korn, Reno and Sons Truck.
• Animal exhibit by Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, appearance by the Barnum Museum.
• 56 business vendors including Crunch Fitness, Amity Insurance & Financial Services, Floman and Depaola Law Firm, Massage Green, State Farm Insurance agent Kevin Piscitelli, Orange Visiting Nurse Association, Renewal by Andersen and The Maids.
• Expo Marketplace with vendors.
Sponsors include Signature: United Illuminating Co.; Gold: Cohen and Wolf, Northeast Electronics Corp., Orange Economic Development Commission, Taylor Rental/Party Plus, University of New Haven, Yale University; and Bronze: Orange Fence and Supply.
• Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours will follow at Mexico Tipico Restaurant.
Call 203-891-1045 or visit OrangeEDC.com/expo.htm for more information.