Food trucks added to annual Family Harvest Festival at old airport
BETHANY >> The annual Bethany Family Harvest Festival will be held 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Oct. 1 at the old Bethany Airport on Amity Road.
Parking and admission are free.
• New this year will be food trucks, including Caseus Cheese, Bethany Pizza, Billy’s Ice Cream and Marketplace, DiSorbo’s Bakery, Firedog Hot Dog Stand, Mamouns Falafel, Spud Stud and Szabo’s Seafood Truck.
• Community organizations will be giving out free snacks at their tables.
• Special guests will be Eagle One Emergency Rescue Helicopter; WTNH weatherman Sam Kantrow with the mobile weather lab; and Bethany’s own Bill Fischer contra dancing, which everyone is invited to join in.
• Demonstrations by Pereira’s Academy of Karate, and musical numbers from The Foresters.
• For kids, bumper cars, face painting, photo booth, mechanical bull ride, bouncies, duck herding, live reptiles, CT CHIPS Child ID Program, buzz cuts from Hair Bottega.
• Contests include a skillet toss, Legos and cupcake/pies.
Also, since it’s a Saturday, the weekly Bethany Lions Flea Market and the Bethany Farmer’s Market will be open.
Regular updates to the activities, entertainment, vendors and sponsors will be posted on Facebook and the event website.
To be a volunteer, vendor and sponsor, go to www.bfhf.org and use the online form to signup or email as follows: for volunteers, firstname.lastname@example.org; vendors, email@example.com; and sponsors, firstname.lastname@example.org. To be part of the entertainment, email email@example.com.