Fallapalooza will celebrate Woodbridge
WOODBRIDGE >> The town will celebrate Woodbridge Fallapalooza with a month of events that highlight Woodbridge.
Woodbridge Fallapalooza is the coming together of many long-standing events, with new ones, that highlight the town’s business community, its volunteer base and heritage.
“Fallapalooza highlights what so many of us know: that Woodbridge is an excellent place to live, work and play,” said First Selectman Scalettar. “It’s also a great demonstration of the community spirit and cooperation among so many different local organizations.”
• Oct. 1, 35th annual Woodbridge Road Race, with a children’s fun run and a 5K. Registration begins at 8 a.m. at the old firehouse grove between the old firehouse and the library.
Also, the Woodbridge Historical Society holds its Sylvia’s Attic Tag Sale, bake goods and food, at the Darling House, 1907 Litchfield Turnpike, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. It is $15 for a spot to sell things. RSVP: email@example.com.
• Oct. 5, Business Happy Hour, 5-6:30 p.m. at Solun Tapas Bar, 245 Amity Road. Regular happy hour specials will be on offer.
Businesses may build a scarecrow during the happy hour. Straw and scarecrow frames will be provided; bring clothing and accessories for the scarecrow.
• Oct. 6, fourth annual Marrakech Health and Wellness Fair is 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the JCC, 360 Amity Road. Attendees can get flu shots; have their blood pressure, glucose and hearing screened; shop for fitness, nutrition, personal care and home products; get a mammogram (appointment, call 203-576-5500 or 5501). There will also be games and door prizes.
• Oct. 8, Massaro Community Farm’s free Family Fun Day is 1-5 p.m., with food and traditional games, such as sack races and tug-of-war. There will also be face painting, hayrides, pumpkin painting, bake sale. Rain date is Oct. 9.
• Oct. 16, Woodbridge Historical Society’s free open house is 2-4 p.m.at Darling House, 1907 Litchfield Turnpike with a hearth cooking demonstration.
• Oct. 20, Coachman Square at Woodbridge, 21 Bradley Road, free fall fashion show at 6 p.m., with Today’s Clothing, Material Girls, Backers, Pamela Hirth, Lucky Ewe, Woodbridge Running Co. and Amity Bike Shop. Clothing will be worn by local models including some Coachman Square residents. Refreshments from local restaurants will be served.
• Oct. 24-28, at the second annual Woodbridge Restaurant Week, participating restaurants will offer a $10, three-course lunch, a $25, three-course dinner or a buy-one, get-one option. Go to woodbridgect.org/Fallapalooza.
• Oct. 29, Progressions Salon and Wig Boutique’s 13th annual Pampered in Pink is 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., with all proceeds donated to the Closer to Free Fund at Smilow Cancer Hospital. Salon services will be provided by volunteer cosmetologists at reduced prices. RSVP: 203-397-9348. Donation secures the reservation. Breast cancer survivors are “pampered” for free. For more details, visit www.progressionshairsalon.com.
• Oct. 31, Volunteer Fire Association’s Truck or Treat and Spooktacular Fireworks will be 5-8 p.m. at the firehouse.
For more details, visit www.woodbridgect.org/Fallapalooza.