Education Foundation awards almost $6,000 in grants to local teachers
The Milford Education Foundation (MEF) awarded 16 teachers across the Milford Public School District $5,785 in funding through its Teacher Mini-Grant Program.
MEF’s grant program, which is in its second year, is dedicated to supporting teacher projects that further enrich and enhance existing curricula.
To date, MEF has distributed over $10,700 in teacher mini-grants and expanded its program to two award periods per academic year.
Foundation President Augie Harrigan and past president James Maroney visited seven Milford schools on Thursday, Jan. 8, to notify the recipients. Harrigan noted, “We continue to be inspired by the creativity and dedication our public school teachers demonstrate through projects like these.”
Recipients will present their projects at a Foundation recognition event in the spring.
Teacher mini-grant recipients and projects are as follows:
- Janet Acampora, Joseph Foran High School, “Career Simulation”
- Eileen Antalik and Audrey Sokol, Live Oaks Elementary School, “Investigating Informational Texts”
- Joanne Barrett, The Academy, “Options for a Healthy Lifestyle”
- Molly Clifford, Robin Querker and Suzy Garfield, Harborside Middle School, “Career and Community Exploration”
- Patricia Daniels, Jonathan Law High School, “Unified Art”
- Rachel Murphy, Kelsey Burns and Gianni Ragianni, Jonathan Law High School, “Kind Campus at JLHS: The Ben's Bell Project”
- Lauren O'Keefe, Joseph A. Foran High School, “Ladibug Document Camera"
- Hope Pardee and Jason Cicero, Meadowside Elementary School, “Flipping It Right!”
- Sarah Sawitsky, Calf Pen Meadow Elementary School, “Brainercise!”
- Colette Stephens, Jonathan Law High School, “Independent Healthy Living Project”
About the Milford Education Foundation
The Milford Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity devoted to promoting innovation, creativity, and excellence in education for our children and our community. You can learn more about MEF at MilfordEdFoundation.org and on Facebook (facebook.com/MilfordEducationFoundation).