DOT presents Exit 59 plan
WOODBRIDGE >> The state Department of Transportation presented its revised plan for the area around Exit 59 off Route 15 at a public meeting on Dec. 16.
The revised plan, a map of the area and video of the public meeting are available for viewing on the Town’s website, www.woodbridgect.org. The DOT will accept comments on the plan through January 2. Comments should be directed to Town Assistant Administrative Officer Betsy Yagla at firstname.lastname@example.org by the Jan. 2 deadline.
“Town staff and I have been working closely with our counterparts in New Haven and DOT staff to move up the construction schedule,” said First Selectman Ellen Scalettar. “The previous plan came with a 30-year timeline, and I am very pleased to see that construction on this revised plan is anticipated to start in the spring of 2018 and be completed later that year.”
The revised plan includes:
• New sidewalks and new crosswalks along Routes 63 and 69 to improve pedestrian safety;
• Minor widening of Route 69 across from Merritt Avenue to allow the extension of a southbound through-lane;
• Widening of the southbound Route 15 offramp to accommodate a second left-turn lane onto Route 69 northbound;
• The prohibition of left-turns from Pond Lily Avenue onto Route 69;
• A new traffic signal for the northbound exit from Route 15.