Bulletin Board Orange
High Holy Days
at Temple Emanuel
ORANGE >> Temple Emanuel, 150 Derby Ave., has the following schedule for the High Holy Days:
• Oct. 11, 8 P.M. Kol Nidrei/Erev Yom Kippur service.
• Oct. 12, 9:45 a.m. Yom Kippur children’s service; 10 a.m Yom Kippur morning service, adult study session with Rabbi Steve Steinberg to follow: “Jewish History: The Modern Jew as Converso”; 4 p.m. Mincha/Yom Kippur afternoon service; 5:30 p.m. Yizkor/memorial service; Neilah/concluding service; Havdalah service; break fast to follow.
Children’s High Holy Day services are for preK-Grade 5. Younger children may attend with an adult. Reservations are necessary.
• Oct. 16, 3:30 p.m. Sukkot family program, Sukkah building and potluck dinner in the Sukkah; 6:30 p.m. Erev Sukkot service.
• Oct. 23, 6 p.m. Erev Simchat Torah/consecration service.
Contact the TE office at 203-397-3000 for details and to purchase guest tickets, which are required for security purposes.
Housatonic River Job Network
The Housatonic River Job Network is open to those underemployed or in transition between professional opportunities to meet, share leads, hear guest speakers and get information for their job search.
The next meeting is at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 13 at Case Memorial Library, 176 Tyler City Road.
Guest speaker will be Sandra Long, a LinkedIn speaker and trainer, and owner of Post Road Consulting in Westport and Stamford. Her topic will be “LinkedIn and Your Career - 5 Essential Steps.”
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Congregation Or Shalom schedule
Congregation Or Shalom, 205 Old Grassy Hill Road, 203-799-2341, www.orshalomct.org, offers the following:
• Services: Minyan services, 9 a.m. Sunday, 7:30 a.m. Monday, 7:30 a.m. Thursday; Healing Circle, 7:30 a.m. Wednesday; Shabbat Services 7 p.m. Friday, 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Continuation of Zumba Gold on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 p.m. drop-in. Contact Robin at email@example.com, 203-314-8176 or 203-799-2341.
Orange Senior Center offers programs
Orange Senior Center holds the following programs. To register, call 203-891-4784.
• Lunches: No meals are available Saturday or Sunday. A $3 donation is accepted for anyone 60 years and older. To register, call 203-891-4765.
• Columbus Cabaret: Friday Cabaret, 1:30-3 p.m. Oct. 7, with Ashly Cruz, $5 at the center office.
• Lunch & Fun: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 13, Pat Santucci leads Name that Tune, karaoke. RSVP.
Nonmembers invited to service
Congregation Or Shalom, 205 Old Grassy Hill Road, the only Conservative synagogue in Orange, is offering nonmembers an opportunity to attend a free community Yizkor Memorial Service on Yom Kippur Day at 4 p.m. Oct. 12.
The service, which will last less than an hour, has no membership obligation. It will be led by the synagogue’s Ritual Committee Chairman Robert Spaulding and his wife, Tova Clayman.