MILFORD — For 8 minutes Friday night, the cross-town battle between Foran and Jonathan Law had some bite to it. By the time halftime rolled around, the only team biting was the Lions.

Led by an 18-4 second-quarter run, Foran rolled to a 47-23 victory over Law in the first meeting of the season between the city teams at Foran High.

With the win, Foran improved to 4-3 while Law dropped to 0-6 and has lost 26 in a row dating back to last season.

“In the second quarter, we were great,” Foran coach Tim Swaller said. “For the majority of the second half, we were also very good. I thought our guards played well.”

Foran did not have any players in double figures, but did have a balanced attack. Kevin Green led the Lions with nine points, Luke Hazard had eight, including six in the third quarter, Austin Woods and Matt Gomes each had seven points and Casey McCone and Bob Notholt each had six. Woods also finished with 16 rebounds.

“We got scoring from all of our guys,” Swaller said. “We were very balanced across the board. They can all play. When they all play well, we can play very well as a team. We are a tough matchup.”

After a sloppy first quarter that saw both teams combine for just six field goals, the Lions took over in the second quarter. Law managed just a pair of free throws each by John Ciesla and Kevin Wall and trailed 12-10.

Wall’s free throws were the last points of the half for Law as Foran closed the quarter on a 14-0 run. A dunk by Woods with 4 minutes, 10 seconds left in the half increased the lead to 14-10 before Gomes had the next two baskets and a free throw for a 19-10 lead.

Green then hit the biggest shot of the game. His 3-pointer put Foran in front 22-10 and Law never threatened again after being down by double digits.

“Kevin Green did hit some big shots,” Swaller said. “He made some big plays. We expect that from a senior captain.”

Sean Deegan ended the run with a basket with 52 seconds left in the half for a 26-10 lead. The 16-point deficit was more than Law could overcome.

“We tried to limit them as much as we could,” Law coach Tim Dooley said. “Austin Woods is a very good player. We wanted to make other players beat us.”

Law scored the first four points of the third quarter on a bucket by Zack Toto, a free throw by Ciesla and another free throw by Toto. As they did in the first half, the Lions went on another run.

This run, 10-0, gave the Lions a 36-14 lead. Gomes started the run with a basket, and Green and Notholt followed suit. After Woods and Hazard connected, the lead was at 22 points for the Lions.

Hazard scored the final four Foran points in the third quarter, giving the Lions their biggest lead to that point at 40-17.

“We knew we could not take them lightly,” Green said. “We came out like we would against any other team.

“We felt we were a little better at the faster game. We just sped it up. It was not there early. We did not get in rhythm.”

Law never got closer.

Jack Campbell hit Law’s only field goal in the fourth quarter and that came with 2:05 remaining, cutting Foran’s lead to 45-22.

Hawkins French and Ciesla led Law with five points each.