Afterdark — Galas, clubs, concerts under the stars
* = Suitable for children.
COFFEEHOUSE-Style CONCERTS, BENEFITS, GALAS, etc.
Superbia Soiree, after-hours event at the Bruce Museum, Fri., July 17, 6-8 p.m., special evening access to new Pride exhibition, grown-up scavenger hunt and a special curator’s tour; $20; res. recommended; One Museum Dr., Greenwich; brucemuseum.org or 203-869-0376.
Hudson Stage Company Summer Gala: Stephen Schwartz and Friends, Sun., July 26, beginning at 4 at Whippoorwill Hall Theatre, North Castle Public Library, Kent Place, Armonk, N.Y., followed by cocktails and hors d’oeuvres at Amore Restaurant; tickets $125/person; visit hudsonstage.com or call 914-271-2811.
Luc’s Café-Restaurant, 3 Big Shop Lane, Ridgefield; 203-894-8522: Mon. and Wed. nights, 7:30-9:30, Cafe Musette, gypsy swing featuring vocalist Noreen Mola; www.cafemusette.com.
Sarah’s Wine Bar, upstairs at Bernard’s, 20 West Lane Ridgefield; 203-438-8282 or bernardsridgefield.com: Bob Curiano, guitar, every Wed.; Mark Mollica, every Thur., guitar; Sun., Wed. & Thur. at 6:30, Fri.-Sat., 7:30ish. Jazz Masters Series: Peter and Will Anderson Trio, Sun., July 26, 6:30-8:30 p.m., $27.50 cover/$15 min.
Bernard’s, 20 West Lane, Ridgefield; 203-438-8282 or bernardsridgefield.com: Live Music: Fri., piano, 7-10:30 p.m.; Sat., piano, 7-10:30 p.m.; Sun.brunch, piano, 12-3 (1st Sun./month, Young Musicians).
The Hideaway, 30 Grove St., Ridgefield: Rob Fried Trio with Ed Chervansky and Chris Pike, Sat., July 18, 9:30 p.m.
Jazz Sundays at Sono Seaport Seafood Restaurant, with percussionist John Cutrone and friends, 100 Water St., South Norwalk; music from 3 to 6 p.m.; 203-854-9483: Ken Gioffre, saxophone, Bill Bickford, guitar, and Mark Minkler, bass, July 19 and 26; Phil Bowler, bass, and Hiroshi Yamazaki, piano, Aug. 2; John Fumasoli, trombone, and guests TBA, Aug. 9; Charlie Lagond, saxophone, and guests TBA, Aug. 16.
Jazz @ Pizzeria Lauretano, Sun. at 6 p.m., res. recommended; 291 Greenwood Ave., Bethel; 203-792-1500: Bill Crow Quartet, July 19, $15; Swing du Jour, July 26, $15; closed Sundays during August.
Fuji of Japan Restaurant, 111 Old King’s Highway North, Darien; fuliofjapan.com or call 203-655-4995: Thursday night music, alternating Nicole Pasternak and Maria Tiscia.
Le Fontane Ristorante, corner Rte. 137 & 100, Katonah, N.Y., 914-232-9619 or lefontane.net: Friday evening Live Jazz with Joe Jazz & The Band.
Daryl’s House Club, 130 Route 22, Pawling, N.Y.; darylshouseclub.com or 845-289-0185: Girls, Guns & Glory, Thur., July 16, 8 p.m., no cover; The Allman Neville Pitchell Band, Fri., July 17, 8 p.m., $25, $35; Chris Smither, Sat., July 18, 9 p.m., $25, $30; Bosco & THe Storm, Sun., July 19, 2 p.m., no cover; Gdeon Luke and The People, Sun., July 19, 8 p.m., $15.
* Westchester Broadway Theatre, 1 Broadway Plaza, Elmsford, N.Y.; box office, 914-592-2222 or broadwaytheatre.com: Godspell, July 9-Aug. 9; Thur.-Sat. evenings, 8 p.m.; Wed.-Fri. lunch matinees, 1 p.m.; Sun., lunch, 1:30; Sun., dinner show, 7 p.m., tickets $54-$80. Special Events: Comedy Night, adult stand-up, Sat., July 25, 8:30, $90; Tribute to the King, Sat., Aug. 1, 8:30, $90; The Drifters and Tribut to The Platters, Sat., Aug. 8, 8:30 p.m., $90; ABsalute Gold, Abba tribute, Sat., Aug. 15, $90.
UNDER THE STARS
* CHIRP 2015, free concerts at 7 p.m., in Ballard Park, off Main St., Ridgefield, through Sept. 1; chirpct.org; rain phone number, 203-431-2760 (after 4 p.m.); lawn seating, donations appreciated: Mark Erelli, Thur., July 16; Front Country, Tues., July 21; Wild Ponies, Thur., July 23; Cherish the Ladies, Tues., July 28; Susan Werner, Thur., July 30; Jimmy La Fave, Tues., Aug. 4; Lunasa, Thur., Aug. 6; Hot Club of Cowtown, Tues., Aug. 11; Matt Andersen, Thur., Aug. 13.
Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival on the grounds of Boscobel House and Gardens, 1601 Rte. 9D, Garrison, N.Y.; tickets $28-$84, avail. at hvshakespeare.org: repertory performances of The Winter’s Tale, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, The Arabian Nights, An Illiad and HVSF Conservatory production of The Tempest, June 9-Sept. 1, grounds open for picnicking at 5:30, all performances at 7:30.
* Musicals at Richter, outdoor theater at Richter Arts Center, 100 Aunt Aunt Hack Rd., Darien; shows at 8:30 (grounds open at 7:15 for picnicking), chair rental avail., snack & soft drink concession; tickets $20/adults, $15/srs., students; $10/children 10; Thursday eve. special $15/adults, $10/srs., students; $5/children 10 musicalsatrichter.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org: Hairspray, July 16-18; Annie Get Your Gun, July 24-26, July 30-Aug. 2, Aug. 6-8.
* Summer Nights by Harbor Lights free concert series presented by the Milford Chamber of Commerce, Fri. eves. at 7 p.m., Fowler Field Rotary Pavilion, 1 Shipyard Lane, Milford; rain cancellations broadcast on WPLR and WICC: July 17, The Bernadettes; July 24, What Up Funk; July 31, That Band; Aug. 7, Rumrunners.
Live at the Ives: Unplugged, Sat., July 18, starting at 5, night of acoustic music by local artists; Indie Under the Stars, Sat., July 25, starting at 5, local indie performers; WXCI Concert Series at Ives Concert Park, WCSU Westside Campus, 43 Lake Ave. Ext., Danbury; info., ivesconcertpark.com; for tickets, wcsu.edu/tickets
* Summer Concerts on the Green, at the Trumbull Town Hall Gazebo, 5866 Main St., Tuesdays at 7, June 16-Sept. 8 (in case of rain in the Community Rm. at the Trumbull Library, 33 Quality St.): Steve D’Agostino (Great American Songbook), July 21; National Drive, pop country, July 28; Bob Button Big Band, Aug. 4; Signature, Top 40, Aug. 11.
* Concerts on the Green at City Center Danbury; free; citycenterdanbury.com, 203-792-1711; Fri.-Sat., generally, main acts at 8 p.m., opening acts at 7:15: Conroy Warren & Coastal Zone, Fri., July 17; Bacon & Brew Fest, Sat., July 18; Mad Satta, Fri., July 24; Alternate Universe, Sat., July 25; Mighty Ploughboys, Fri., July 31; West Afrikan Drumming, Thur., Aug. 6; Higher & Higher, Fri., Aug. 7; Ze Rodrigo, Sat., Aug. 8; Griffin Anthony, full band, Fri., Aug. 14; Three-Legged Dog, Sat., Aug. 15.
* First County Bank Summer Concert Series, Norwalk Recreation & Parks Dept. presentation, Wed. eves. at Calf Pasture Beach, Beach Rd., East Norwalk; rain dates, following day; cancellation info. at 203-854-7938: Classic Car Show Beach Cruise presented by the Coachmen, at 6 p.m., Concert Summertime, 7 p.m., July 22; Kids Show TBA, 6:30 p.m., Crosby, Stills & Nash, 7:30, Wed., July 29; One Hot Night, tribute to Neil Diamond featuring Tommy Lynn, 7 p.m., Wed., Aug. 5; Pied Piper Petting Zoo, 6:30 p.m., Desert Highway, Eagles tribute band, at 7:30, Aug. 12.
Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts 70th Anniversary Season, 149 Girdle Ridge Rd., Katonah, N.Y.; caramoor.org or 914-232-1252; concerts generally at 7 on Thur., 8 on Fri. and Sat., 4:30 on Sun.: The Amazing Scarlattis, bel canto young artists, Thur., July 16; Calidore String Quartet, Fri., July 17; Jazz at Lincoln Center Festival with Wynto Marsalis, featuring Cecile McLorin Salvant, Sat., July 18; Jennifer Koh, violin, with the Orchestra of St. Luke’s, Sun., July 19; Dancing at Dusk: Middle Eastern Belly Dancing with Carmine and Friends and Kaeshi Chai, Wed., July 22; Guitar in the Garden: Lukasz Kuropaczewski, Thur., July 23; John Batiste and Quartet, Fri., July 24; Poulenc: Dialogues des Carmelites, Bel Canto at Caramoor and the Orchestra of St. Luke’s/Will Cruchfield, Sat., July 25; Eroica Trio, Sun., July 26.
* Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts, 40 Jesup Rd., Westport (on the Saugatuck River south of the Westport Public Library), levittpavilion.com: free evening concerts most nights during summer, complete schedule to be posted online. Summer Gala: Don Felder — An Evening at the Hotel California, Sat., July 25, concert-only tickets $55, Gala + concert tickets from $250; Stars-on-Tour: Little River Band, Fri., Aug. 14, concert-only tickets $45, $40, concert + cocktail party, $125.
* Derby Summer Concert Series, Tues. nights 7-9 p.m. on the Derby Green (raindates the following Wed. night, except for fireworks: The Ascensions, July 21; The Larry Ayce Band featuring Doreen Marie, July 28; Dr. Ya ya’s Dirty Rice Revue Mardi Gras Party, Aug. 4; I’Liguri, Aug. 11.
Alive@Five spon. by the Stamford Downtown Special Services District, at Columbus Park, Broad St./Washington Blvd., Stamford; Thur. at 5 p.m., July 9-Aug. 13, $10 adm., 12 and under free; under 21 must enter before 7, photo ID required, all entries from Main St. main entrance; info., stamford-downtown.com: Boyz II Men, July 16; Guster, July 23; Andy Grammer, July 30; Sister Hazel, Aug. 6; Shaggy, Aug. 13.
* Twilight Concerts at the Pardee-Morris House, 325 Lighthouse Rd., New Haven; grounds open at 6, concert at 7; house open to visitors for tours till 8 p.m.; bring a picnic or use the onsite food truck, Spuds Your Way, free adm., donations welcome; info., 203-562-4183: Prester John, Connecticut duo, Wed., July 22.
* Monroe Summer Concert Series at Wolfe Park, Cutlers Farm Rd., people w/out parking stickers use overflow lot, Fri. eves. at 7:30, bring blankets, chairs, picnics: The Larry Stevens Band, July 17; The Timmy Maia Experience, July 31.
* Movie Time Outdoor Movies presented by Norwalk Recreation & Parks Dept. at Shady Beach, Calf Pasture Beach Rd., Norwalk; screenings at dusk, free activities at 6 p.m., $10/car w/out Norwalk beach sticker: Planes, Sat., July 18; Paddington, Sat., July 25; Annie 2014, Sat., Aug. 1; Big Hero 6, Sat., Aug. 8; Into the Woods, Sat., Aug. 15, free face painting at 5:30.
The Bearcats Jazz Band, Wed., July 22, 7:15-8:45 p.m., rain date July 23; Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, 100 Arch St., Greenwich; info., 203-618-7649 or greenwichct.org (rain cancellation after 4 p.m., 203-861-6100).
Katonah Museum of Art, concerts in the garden, 134 Jay St./Rte. 22, Katonah, N.Y., katonahmuseum.org or 914-232-9555: The Harlem Chamber Players, Wed., Aug. 5; $20 adm. incl. comp. beer and wine, gates open at 5:30 for picnics, music at 6:30, adv. tickets recommended.
20th Gathering of the Vibes, July 30-Aug. 2; Seaside Park, Bridgeport; govibes.com.
Music in the Park at Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Rte. 35, Somers, N.Y., Fridays 6:30-8:30; gates open 5:30, $5 adm., food/drink avail., cancelled by rain; info., parks.westchestergov.com, lasdonpark.org or 914-864-7268: Jon Doty and Friends, jazz favorites, July 17; The Ridgefield Symphony Brass Quintet, July 24.
Beginnings, the ultimate Chicago tribute band, presented by the Greenwich Police Silver Shield Assoc., Sat., Aug. 1, 7 p.m., Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, 100 Arch St., Greenwich; free.
Connecticut Free Shakespeare presents Mornings of April and May, comedy by Pedro Calderon de la Barca, Aug. 5-9; zoo re-opens for picnickers at 5:30, performance 6-8 p.m., free adm.; Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, 1875 Noble Ave., Bridgeport; info., ctshakespeare.org or call 203-916-8066.