Achievements: Bethany, Milford, Orange, Woodbridge
• Air Force Airman Jordan A. Abraham graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio.
Abraham is the son of Pedro Santos and Elaine K. Iglesias of Woodbridge. He is a 2016 graduate of Emmett O’ Brien Technical High School, Ansonia.
• Rachel Marcus of Orange was named to the Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester at Brandeis University, where she is a sophomore majoring in psychology. She is the daughter of Brad and Paulette Marcus and a 2015 graduate of Amity High School.
• Jillian Ball of Orange, a doctor of occupational therapy student, was named to the spring 2017 Dean’s List at University of the Sciences.
• The University of Rhode Island has named the following students to the spring 2017 Dean’s List: Michael Dana of Milford, Richard Scott Breault of Milford, Samantha L. Corbally of Milford, Stephan Bosler of Milford, Allison Elisabeth McKenna of Milford, Joseph Kubic of Milford, Olivia Rose Corvino of Milford, Rosario P. Mariano of Milford, John Merva of Milford, Courtney Taylor Harrington of Milford, Luke Mazzeo of Milford, Nicholas Fratarcangeli of Milford, Dennis John Barnum of Milford, Brian T. Wydra of Milford, Caitlin M. Nickerson of Orange, Jarod Tashea of Orange, Julia Forbes of Orange, Kiley K. Saxa of Orange, Melissa Paige Cohen of Bethany, Jenna Fae Kauffman of Woodbridge, Olivia Lynn Schlegel of Woodbridge.
• Local students who graduated May 6 from Paul Smith’s College are: Kevin Allaire of Orange, Nathaniel Jones of Milford.
• Residents, their majors and degrees received May 21 from the University of Hartford:
Joseph Sciancalepore of Milford, cinema, BA; Michele Lutz of Milford, nursing, BS; Anthony Longobardi of Milford, civil engineering, BS in civil engineering; Heather Volkens of Milford, electrical engineering, BS in electrical engineering; Emily Kehlenbeck of Orange, illustration, BFA.
• Quinnipiac University conferred bachelor’s degrees on:
Bethany: Ayesha Patel, health science studies; Emma Soviero, film, video, interactive media.
Milford: Makaila Cavender, health science studies; Sean Davis, film, video, interactive media; Stephany Griswold, nursing; Madeline Guman, health science studies; Kyle Michelson, health science studies; Caitlin Prete, accounting; Camille Ross, management; Alexander Stevens, entrepreneurship/small business.
Orange: Gabrielle Syrop, health science studies; Alexander Thimineur, computer science.
Woodbridge: Lauren Ciardiello, mathematics; Tori Laugeni, mathematics; Madison Lecker, psychology; Tony Nguyen, finance; Shannon Rule, communications; Samuel Simon, communications.
• Local students named to the Dean’s List of the College of Our Lady of the Elms for spring 2017 are: Justin Kassouf, class of 2018 of Milford; Kelly Scianna, class of 2020 of Milford; Stephanie Esposito, class of 2017 of Orange.
• Quinnipiac University conferred advance degrees on local students:
Bethany: Sandra Adair, MBA; Catherine Erickson, MS in Organizational Leadership; Ian Farrell, MA in teaching secondary education.
Milford: Assaf Alakeel, MS in journalism; Danielle Borys, MS in molecular and cell biology; Amanda Buckley, MS in teacher leadership; Andrew Deluke, MBA; Margaret Folsom, MBA; David Jesensky, MBA; Hannah Kissinger, MHS in medical laboratory sciences; Rochelle LaPorte, MS in organizational leadership; Rebecca Scobie, MSW; Kevin Sirois, MS in interactive media.
Orange: Samantha Carter, MS in molecular and cell biology; Charles Chacko, MBA; Morgan Ferguson, MHS physician assistant; Michael Flora, MS in organizational leadership; Sara Franchini, Sixth-Year Diploma in educational leadership; Rachel Petree, Doctor of Nursing Practice; Hayley Spragg, Master of Occupational Therapy.
• AnneMarie Cain of Orange was named to the Dean’s List at Paul Smith’s College for the spring 2017 semester. Cain is a junior who is majoring in baking arts and service management.
• Local students named to the Dean’s List at the University of New Hampshire for the spring 2017 semester are: Hannah Medovnikov of Bethany, with high honors; Clare Wetmore of Milford, with high honors; Faye DiBella of Milford, with honors; Kristen Brown of Milford, with high honors.
• Katherine D. Boynton of Orange was on St. Lawrence University’s Dean’s List for academic achievement in spring 2017. Boynton is a member of the class of 2017, majoring in biology. She attended Lauralton Hall.
• Stephany Griswold of Milford, a Quinnipiac University nursing student, was recently inducted into the Tau Rho Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing.
• Michael Hellman of Woodbridge graduated with a BA in English from Carleton College on June 10. Hellman’s parents are Jeffrey Hellman and Cynthia Anger of Woodbridge.
• The following local students have been named to the Marist College Dean’s List for the spring 2017 semester:
Lauren Aliberti of Milford, is a member of the class of 2018 and is majoring in psychology/special education.
Valentina Ballas of Milford, is a member of the class of 2017 and is majoring in business administration.
Matthew Capobianco of Milford, is a member of the class of 2018 and is majoring in mathematics.
Nicholas Carpenter of Milford, is a member of the class of 2019 and is majoring in English.
Emily Felner of Milford a member of the class of 2019 and is majoring in educational psychology, childhood 1-6.
Nicole Romeos of Woodbridge is a member of the class of 2019 and is majoring in communication.
Kathryn Zielinski of Bethany is a member of the class of 2019 and is majoring in communication.
• Jacob F. Laser, who majored in biology, attended Amity Regional High School and is the son of Mark Laser and Amy Knorr of Orange, graduated May 21 from Colby College, receiving a Bachelor of Arts.
• High Point University awarded degrees at the end of the spring 2017 semester to area students: Milford: Alexis Luzietti; Orange: George Germano; Woodbridge: Nina Yasick.
• Lydia Tilsley of Orange was among the University of Scranton students inducted into the business honor society Beta Gamma Sigma. Tilsley is a graduate majoring in Master of Business Administration.