• Longtime West Haven businessman Frank Cuomo, owner of Elm Cafe at 124 Elm St., presented the 19th annual Elm Cafe Golf Tournament Sept. 18 at Alling Memorial Golf Club in New Haven. The tournament, which benefits blood cancer research, raised $7,188 for the Connecticut Westchester Hudson Valley chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Since its inception in 1999, the event has collected $147,776 for the cause, Cuomo said.
• Lauren Ide, of Orange, graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University's Florham Campus, with a BA in film and animation as of May 2017.
• Eastern Connecticut State University newly enrolled students, and their majors, for the fall 2017 semester include: John Ahern of Woodbridge, physical education; Tiffany Carlson of Milford, exploratory social sciences; Emily Casey of Milford, psychology; Arianna Centore of Orange, psychology; Molly Champagne of Milford, health sciences; Kayla Coppola of Milford, liberal studies; Brendan Corris of Orange, exploratory prof. studies; Ryan Enders of Milford, health sciences; Mason Feurer of Orange, business administration; Lexi Fisk of Milford, exploratory prof. studies; Nicholas Foss of Milford, exploratory social sciences; Christopher Haase of Milford, business administration; Bianca Hanania of Milford, exploratory social sciences; Maggie Lasto of Orange, exploratory arts & humanities; Megan Lasto of Orange, visual arts; Michaela Lillard of Bethany, exploratory arts & humanities; Sarah Luzzi of Milford, exploratory social sciences; Anthony Mastrangelo of Bethany, mathematics; Carly Mastrangelo of Bethany, exploratory social sciences; Christopher Mastrangelo of Bethany, communication; Lauren Notholt of Milford, sport & leisure management; Alexa O'Sullivan of Milford, liberal studies; Lea Reizfeld of Woodbridge, communication; Caroline Sopp of Bethany, history and social science; Tyler Stein of Milford, criminology; Nuala Tzovolos of Orange, psychology; Rachana Yetukuri of Orange, business administration.
• Lasell College newest group of students includes Daniel Chodos of Orange and Conor Leary-Watson of Bethany.
• U.S. Air Force National Guard Airman 1st Class Joshua A. Massey graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio. Massey is the son of Joel and April Massey, and brother of Jordan Massey, all of New Haven. He is a 2007 graduate of Notre Dame High School, West Haven, and earned a bachelor's degree in 2015 from the University of Connecticut.
• Ty Thomas Reed of Milford was awarded a BA in communication on Aug. 5 from the University of Alabama.
• Make-A-Wish Foundation of Connecticut, the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley in Shelton and Valley Community Foundation received donations from the 12th annual DiMatteo Family Charitable Foundation Golf Tournament that was held at Oronoque Country Club in Stratford and raised more than $31,000.
Company officers, and family members, are John DiMatteo of Bethany, president; his wife, Kim DiMatteo, a partner; Loretta Lesko of Shelton, is vice president, and her husband, Robert Lesko, is a partner. Rosemarie Esposito of Shelton, is the treasurer.
Volunteers planning the event for more than five years: Shelton residents Lena DiMatteo, Rosemarie Esposito, Loretta Lesko, Robert Lesko, Natalie Lesko, Barbara Gelozin, Nancy Opitz, Karen Minopoli and Maureen Yash; Bethany residents John DiMatteo, Kim DiMatteo, Jesse DiMatteo, and Michael DiMatteo; Maria Rodrigues of Milford; Sue Doolan of Orange; Genie Tricarico of Seymour, Debbie Bobela of Monroe, and Maryann Pincheon of Florida and Milford.
• Emily McDonough Souza, of Milford, a lawyer with Neubert, Pepe & Monteith, recently completed the 2017 Chicago Marathon. More than 40,000 runners entered in the 40th anniversary marathon.
• Recently elected officers of the Holy Infant Church Women's Guild in Orange are: Joyce Mauro, vice president; Linda D'Andrea, president; the Rev. Norman Brockett, spiritual adviser; Margaret Siena, corresponding secretary; Lisa Stackpole, recording secretary; and Margherita Lisi, treasurer.
• Sacred Heart Academy AP Scholars: Livia Talamelli, ’17 West Haven; AP Scholar With Distinction: Jeanne Cassidy ,’17 Bethany.
• Patricia Gildea of Milford and Christine Knudsen of Orange are first-year students at Loyola University.