The Milford Preservation Trust will open the Minuteman House, also known as the John Downs house, for Halloween trick or treaters Saturday, Oct. 31, from 4 to 7:30 p.m.

The house is located at 139 North Street.

The ghost of John Downs, a Milford Minuteman who kept a diary of his days, as well as other colonial ghosts such as Joseph Plumb Martin, who witnessed General George Washington at Yorktown, will be on hand. They will show visitors an 18th century powder horn, musket, cannonball, hot coal carrier, 1798 sampler, gridiron, waffle iron, butter press and other old items.

The event is free, however, donations to help restore the hearth and floors in the Minuteman House will be accepted. Cider and donuts will be available.