Residents escape apartment fire, but pet rabbits lost in blaze

All the occupants of a three-story apartment building at 51 Broadway in Milford got out safely after a fire broke out around noon Wednesday, Feb. 20. But six pet rabbits died of smoke inhalation, despite efforts by local firefighters to resuscitate them. Firefighter Chris Zak said firefighters were able to get to several cats on the third floor of the … read more

Apartment fire on Broadway under control

Milford police report that a fire at an apartment complex at 51 Broadway in Milford is now under control. Police reported the fire on their Twitter page at 12:49 p.m. A 1:11 p.m. Tweet says, “The fire is now under control and Milford FD remains on scene. Broadway remains closed between Stowe Ave. and Park Lane.”